Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFTTT - sleep time discrepancies

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm using my FitBit Blaze to track my sleep and this applet is supposed to save the data to a Google Spreadsheet. I'm however encountering some issues.

I had a look at my timezone settings on both IFTTT and Fitbit.

The region/country for Fitbit is showing properly (UK). On IFTTT it was set to GMT +00:00 UTC. I changed it to GMT +00:00 London.

Fitbit is showing I slept for 6 hrs 19 minutes with 48 minutes "awake" time.

My spreadsheet today says:

TotalTimeSlept = 4h 21m

TimeAwake = 2h 28m

AwokeAt = August 31, 2017 at 07:13AM

I woke up at 7:31 AM - according to Fitbit's logs.

I am not sure why this is not matching up.

I have spoken to IFTTT and they say they only get sleep data via Fitbit's API and puts it into Google Sheets on my behalf.

Any Fitbit staff that can look into reasons why this is happening?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @voarsh, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! I saw  you are having some sort of discrepancies with the sleep time, specifically with the wake time. I been reviewing this and I cant find a possible cause of what are you obtaining this result. I'm wondering if this was happening before you change the timezone from +00:00 UTC to +00:00 London.

I see you already contacted IFTTT about this and the hardest part for us, in this situations is that we do not developed the integrations, so it's complicate to have access to this data and know how it will be interpreted by the service you want to trigger with IFTTT. Either case I would like to help you so, my recommendation is to revoke the access from IFTTT and reauthorized the integration one more time to refresh the link between your Fitbit account and IFTTT. Most of the times this helps to resolved problems with third party apps.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes