Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOS- Alta and My Fitness Pal not syncing right

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have just purchased my Alta. I have synced both together. My fitness pal will not display my steps. I have selected Fitbit in MFP for step counting.

The Fitbit app displays many different calorie counts for my meals. I am only using MFP for the food tracking. For example this mornings breakfast has 4 different summaries, all with different calorie counts.

I have removed my Alta connection from my phone and reinstalled it. I have also disconnected the MFP link and relinked. All to no avail.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Nlb58, welcome aboard to our community. As long as you've linked Fitbit and MFP, you should see steps from Fitbit in MFP. Make sure in the MFP app you go to More > Steps > Select 'Fitbit Tracker' > go back and hit 'Sync' at the bottom. Your steps will show up in 'Diary' under the 'Exercise' section, along with a calorie adjustment calculated by MFP. 

Since you already tried to relink your accounts please take a moment to reach out to our Support Team and let them know of your efforts to troubleshoot the issue and what you've already done. I have full faith that they will be able to advise you of the next steps after reviewing your device history with you.

Hope this helps and see you soon.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Nlb58, welcome aboard to our community. As long as you've linked Fitbit and MFP, you should see steps from Fitbit in MFP. Make sure in the MFP app you go to More > Steps > Select 'Fitbit Tracker' > go back and hit 'Sync' at the bottom. Your steps will show up in 'Diary' under the 'Exercise' section, along with a calorie adjustment calculated by MFP. 

Since you already tried to relink your accounts please take a moment to reach out to our Support Team and let them know of your efforts to troubleshoot the issue and what you've already done. I have full faith that they will be able to advise you of the next steps after reviewing your device history with you.

Hope this helps and see you soon.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried your advice for syncing my Alta to mfp and it still didn't work. It didn't show up in my diary or under steps in the app. Please help. I am trying to refocus myself and this would help. Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @BrightStar85! Thanks for trying the procedure posted above. In order to make sure that your Fitbit is linked properly with MFP. Please go to your Dashboard > click on settings > applications> there you should see MyFitnessPal. 

If you're not seeing it, then please follow these linking steps

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks

Nancy
Best Answer