Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate with Sound Alert iOS app for alerting the hearing impaired?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

An iOS app called "Sound Alert", uses the iPhone to “listen” for warning sounds like a smoke detector and send a vibrate signal to the wearable device. The app is designed for Pebble which I don’t have.

This would be very useful because I'm deaf at night when I don't have my cochlear implant processors on, and it could be useful for others all the time who don't have implants.

If there were to be a Fitbit that would get this functionality first (or ever), which one might it be, or would it be rolled out to all of them?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @StuffToDo, good to see you again in the Fitbit Community! Hey this sounds like a great idea! I have a few friends in the same scenario that are looking for something similar from what you have brought to the topic of this thread and I believe it would be nice to have this type of alerts specially in situations like the one you mentioned that you don't have your cochlear implant during the night.

I really like your suggestion to be honest with you. At the moment there are no notifications of third party apps in iOS, except for the Fitbit Blaze, although I'm not sure if this app is supported with advanced notifications. So my recommendation in the meantime would be to share your feedback in our Feature Suggestion board.

I wasn't able to find an existing idea that reflect the scenario you depicted, so feel free to share your own. This is a great way to let our developers know what you'd like to see in future updates.

I know this is not an actual solution, but hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Roberto, thanks very much for the reply! I'm very happy you share interest in this type of thing and am sure there are others.

I will for sure use the link you included to raise it elsewhere.

🙂

Best Answer