Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interval activities (with GPS) not syncing to Strava and TCX files not exportable

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have reported this to customer service via e-mail but I would also like to share it here so others know about it.

Lately I've been unable to sync and/or export Interval training activities from my Fitbit Ionic. I know this has been working previously as I do have interval training logged in Fitbit that has successfully been synced to Strava.

However, my last 2 interval runs have not synced to Strava, even though they are complete with GPS data. I thought I could work around this by exporting the TCX file from the Fitbit dashboard, but all I get is an error message: The activity TCX file could not be downloaded. We are looking into the issue.

Regular runs/walks sync just fine.

ksven_0-1574885853861.png

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@ksven It's nice to see you around. Thanks for the details mentioned and the screenshot shared. 

I appreciate that you mentioned you contacted our Support team but you still wanted to share it here. Since you have a case with our team, please continue the communication through email, they will continue assisting you. 

Don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.

I started doing interval training to get into the Half Marathon scene and maybe a marathon. I can't tell you exactly how many times I have tried to use the interval training on my Ionic, but it has been at least 10 times... and never once has it uploaded to Strava and only two of those times have I been able to upload the file to Strava. 

For me to do intervals (although I bought a fitness watch with intervals) I've had to download an app to my phone and use the Run feature on my Ionic fitness watch (that has intervals on it) that will upload to Strava... makes no sense, but only til this one dies, it is time to try out another brand of watch.

Mike Schratz
Savannah, Ga, USA
Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. Has this been fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes