Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is UHC Motion compatible with Charge 5?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey All - Has anyone been able to use the Charge 5 with the United Healthcare (UHC) Motion App?  I know that the Charge 4 is compatible, and the UHC App itself doesn't list the Charge 5 yet (as of 11/29/2021). 

If the Charge 5 doesn't support the Motion App natively, I thought I might be able to "trick" the app to think it's communicating with a Charge 4, if the Charge 5 provides the data required for the Motion App.

Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27
Just a quick note about the Fitbit Charge 5.  I know there is no UHC Motion gadget on the Charge 5, although it was on the Charge 4.  At first, I thought the missing gadget would be a serious impediment, but it really isn't.  For me, it's not a big liability to not "see" the UHC Motion gadget on my Charge 5.  Here's why:

I have been using my Charge 5 in conjunction with the UHC Motion app installed on my Android phone for several months now.  I do not take my phone with me to the gym (it's too big).  After I return from working out, the stats recorded on my Charge 5 are automatically synced with the UHC Motion app on my phone.  I do not have to force the sync to occur....it just does within a few minutes.  Everything is uploaded and I get the credits I've earned.

John
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MegaHertz60   Can you please help the OP in this thread?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And now, after nearly a year since the original post, I am asking the same question. When will UHC Motion going to support the Charge 5???

Best Answer

I am also hoping this can be fixed! I literally purchased the Fitbit 5 THROUGH the UHC Motion app. Would be nice if there could be disclaimers on both ends. I have been a Fitbit user since the original charge HR. I debated the Apple Watch this go around and wanted to stick with my Fitbit. I seriously regret it and will stop recommending. 

Best Answer

The disclaimer on both ends is an excellent point.  When I got the Charge 5 I did not realize it would be an effective downgrade.  Now it's not clear when I hit the milestones for UHC Motion until after the fact.  If this is never addressed, I will not be getting any Fitbit/Google fitness trackers in the future ever again.

Best Answer

Same problem here. tab broke off. Got 1 replacement under warranty. Happened to the second one too, but that one wasn't under warranty. Got a different type band on Amazon that just surrounds the tracker. Works real well, and I can stick with using my 4.

Best Answer
0 Votes

From experience the charge 5 will work with the UHC motion app, but it does not have an interface like the charge for on the watch, which is the biggest complaint. If Fitbit would only get that interface on the actual watch designed and installed, it would make it a big game changer. I went on many walks and have ended up a few steps short to reaching the goal for the day because you cannot tell if you're one step off or 100 steps from meeting the goal. Very unsatisfying about the charge 5. The charge for interface on the watch was much more user friendly, just poor band design which makes the charge 5 worth it if they would only put an interface on the actual watch

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit points the finger at UHC, UHC points the finger at Fitbit and says they can't do anything. So frustrating, after being a loyal Fitbit user for over five years this will likely be the last one for me. Apple, Garmin, and others still have the Motion mini-app on their latest watches and trackers, wondering if Google wants to kill off Fitbit entirely.

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​
Best Answer
0 Votes