Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is UnitedHealthcare no longer a connected app?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My wife and I got our Fitbits thru our UHC Medicare Advantage plan.  We set them up with the UHC app so that it would record our steps daily.  (Our plan provides us with a benefit if we get 5000 steps for 10 days in a month.)  This has been working for a year and mine still works but my wife's connection between the Fitbit app and the UHC app was somehow lost in December, even though the UHC app still shows as a connected app.  I reset her tracker but that didn't help. 

I found an old thread that suggested revoking the UHC app access and then reconnecting it.  However, when I look through the Fitbit list of apps available to connect, the UHC app is no longer there.  I searched on both UHC, united, and healthcare.

So the question in the subject is mainly for the moderators/product experts.  If the answer is yes, then why?

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

I'm having the same difficulty.  My wife's Charge 5 appears to be reporting her steps to UHS, mine does not.

However, neither of us received any step credit with UHS for the month of January 2024!

I waited nearly 2 hours to connect with a CSR at UHS's 'Rewards Customer Service' this week, then was told that they're no longer accepting calls that day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Inspire 3 is reporting my steps to the UHC app and I got my credit in both January and February.  My wife's Inspire 3 apparently stopped reporting steps to the UHC app in January and she didn't realize it so she got no credit.  This month, she noticed it and the UHC app is asking to report 30 minutes of activity daily which she has to enter manually. 

It's very disappointing that apparently no one at either United Healthcare or Fitbit/Google can confirm that this connection between the 2 apps is no longer valid.  Or if it is and become broken, how to fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the UHS Rewards page, I disconnected, then re-connected my Charge5.  UHS Rewards is now seeing my step data as it should!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lucky you!  My wife's UHC app no longer shows a tracker option on the rewards page (mine still does and my Fitbit is still reporting steps.)  I disconnected the UHC app from Fitbit as part of my troubleshooting and now the UHC app is no longer in the list of available 3rd party apps in the Fitbit list.  I'm going to try another chat with UHC tomorrow but based on my previous chat, I'm not optimistic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lmacmil as @stesib says you have to go on your UHC account and connect you Fitbit account. You can not do this through Fitbit.

For instructions, see this page. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Those instructions are for the UHC Motion program which is for corporate health plans, not Medicare Advantage plans.  Since my wife's Inspire 3 lost its connection to the UHC app (which is different from the UHC Motion app), there doesn't appear any way to get it back.  The steps we took initially by connecting the Fitbit app to the UHC app (a connected 3rd party app) are no longer available since the UHC app no longer appears in the Fitbit list of apps it (the Fitbit app) can connect to.  She can report her activity manually but that is less convenient.  For reasons unknown, my connection still works and the UHC app is still reading the steps from my Fitbit app.

Best Answer

I have been trying to figure out how to get a fit bit through United and haven't had any luck. Could you give me some advice since you have succeeded where I have clearly failed?  

Thank you,

Mary 

Best Answer

I believe that UHC is no longer offering a free Fitbit through their Medicare Advantage plans.  My wife and I got ours a year ago but the latest documents for our plan indicate they are no longer doing that.  I'm wondering if the complete takeover of Fitbit by Google has anything to do with that.  The UHC app is no longer on the Fitbit list of 3rd party apps that can send or receive Fitbit data.  My connection still works but as indicated in my original post, my wife's Fitbit lost its connection to the UHC app and I can't get it back.

Best Answer
0 Votes