Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is possible to share with IFTTT Body Fat percentage?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just discovered that Fitbit allows IFTTT to get information from my scale.  That's fantastic!  However, it looks like right now, Fitbit allows for IFTTT to get Weight, WeightUnit, BMI and Date.  Is there anyway that I can also get the Aria scale's Body Fat % as well?  

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi there @Alex3M3TI8, good to see you around in the Fitbit Community! In this case regarding your questions if IFTTT is able to share Body Fat% it will depend of the recipe that trigger this action. If teh recipe doesn't have this action, the information might not be shared.

For more details about Fitbit recipes, review this post: Third Party Apps - Informational Post.

See you around and hope this provide some information.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RobertoME. Thanks for keeping the community active!  Unfortunately, no, I think this is something that FitBit needs to expose.  If you go to https://ifttt.com/fitbit, then go to the bottom under FitBit Triggers and Actions, There is a trigger for New Weight Logged.  Great!  Step one, done.

If you setup an applet, and look to see what information (ingredients) are available, they are BMI, Weight, Weight Unit, and Date.  

IFTTTFitBitIngredient.png

BMI is just (Mass/Height²)x703 which doesn't tell me anything about Body Fat% which the Aria scale captures (and I want).  Weight Unit is just LBs vs kg, and Date is self-explanitory.

I guess I should have been more clear, what I'm asking is if it is possible to get Body Fat% added to Ingredients?  Thanks again!

Best Answer

Looking for this also!

Best Answer
0 Votes

also looking for this, be really nice to have fat % in a spread sheet

I have the fitbit scale v2 and love it, just wish had more options for ifttt

I have had the scale sense beginning of year and I mistakenly thought the BMI in google sheets was fat percent, so I thought was not losing fat as much as I was losing weight, thus thought I must be losing muscle, thus increased protein, took me awhile to realize  my error - though was nice to realize my fat % was much lower then I had been thinking as BMI is a bit higher 🙂

this is an example from another scale, but this is sort of what looking for, just more options to choose from

Capture.PNG

Best Answer

Reviving this thread : we do still want the fat% to be a usable ingredient to capture!!!

when ?

Best Answer

@GeertK Alternatively you can try WeightNet, is free and transmit also fat. www.weemple.com/weightnet

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thx 🙏 for the tip Mark81, but no good for me as I use Apple Health as ultimate platform to gather everything. It’s very complete yet difficult to get data sync’ed in to it.
Hence IFTTT but that is not picking up a lot from the Fitbit platform. Which now that I’ve seen that Weightnet does pick up everything’ leaves me puzzled. So it is accessible after all !?
Cheers,
G

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @GeertK! Yes, Apple Health don’t support web REST API, they allow connection only from Apple devices under their proprietary channels. So, their coverage is limited. Have a nice day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

FitBit still not providings this feature!!!!!

Best Answer

now that google bought them, I am hoping we start to see some changes, not sure why the old developers never did any of these obvious changes, do they read these boards, are the developers not internal and outsourced? do they not use the products themselves?

Best Answer