Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a 3 year limit for syncing to Apple Health with 3rd party apps?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I had to wipe the Syncsolver app from my iPhone since it was not working. Deleting it got rid of all synced data to Apple Health as well.

As i reinstalled Syncsolver it worked... but it just exported 3 years worth of data from Fitbit to Apple Health.

Thus i have lost from Apple Health data from 2014, 2015 and 2016.

Developer tells me that this 3 year limit is set by Fitbit.

Since i expect to live forever and data is valuable to me unless Fitbit enables 3rd party to sync ALL data from the very beginning i am ditching Fitbit devices and purchase one that works directly with Apple Health.

It's very nasty for end consumer to have to put time into 3rd party apps to export data to Apple Health (Which is far more powerful showing data).

(To me) it's utterly unacceptable that Fitbit does not allow to those 3rd party developers to sync ALL data that are stored in the Fitbit account.

As of now:

1. Fitbit lacks an app as powerful as Apple Health for data management.

2. Fitbit refuses to share data with Apple Health.

3. Fitbit refuses to allow 3rd party apps syncing data more than 3 years old.

This way too much put up to.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Fitbit has never stopped Apple Health from linking up to Fitbit. Unfortunately AH has the same philosophy as Fitbit has. Both companies have their hands full there for both parties have open invites to link up. 

Fitbit is setup to allow other parties to partner with Fitbit. 

Apple is setup to allow other parties to partner up with them. 

This is the reason sync solver was able to link the two accounts together without permission from either company. 

If apple wants to link up with Fitbit they could, apple has no incentive to do this. They would rather sell you their own device. Besides they do not push them self into other parties but invites others to link up with them. 

Do you see the issue, the two companies are at a standoff, with neither company willing to take the time to link up to an outside parties. Both companies have their hands full already.. 

The problem is not that either company prohibits the other company from linking up, but both companies have the policy of not forcing them selves onto third parties. Therefore Apple and Fitbit are at a standoff. Apple could link up to Fitbit just as easy as Fitbit could link up to Apple. Both companies have policies that prohibit this, and both companies have their own tracking devices. Therefore neither company has an incentive to link up to the other company. 

As for a 3 year limit, your asking in the wrong board. This would be a question for the API group. I will move the post their if you would like. 

What I do not understand is that once data has synced removing the app from the phone should not have affected any data history that synced in the past. As an example you have a neighbor who makes widgets. 

You are not interested in buying widgets from your neighbor. 

A company named syncsolver decides that you need widgets so sync solver buys a widget every week and ships it to you. 

One week syncsolvers truck breaks down and they can not by a widget. Therefore you do not get a widget, but as you walk past your pile of widgets you noticed that because their truck broke last night the pile of widgets in the basement disappeared. 

This makes no sense. But you say when the delivery vehicle broke your past data, (widgets) was removed. By who? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Moving the inquiry about the 3 year limit to API group would help.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes