Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging the Correct Calories Burned Using DeskCycle 2 on Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a DeskCycle 2 (under-desk pedal bike) and I use the DeskCycle app online to help me track how many calories I have burned for sessions per day. I can also log my DeskCycle usage from the app to my Fitbit account as either footsteps or cycling miles on a road bike. I wear a Fitbit Inspire 3 as well.

Here's the issue. For example, if I finish biking for 30 minutes, the DeskCycle app will display the following Calorie stats...

Calories Burned Sitting: 53 ---- Calories Burned Pedaling: 98 ---- Total Calories Burned: 151

After transmitting said stats to Fitbit, my account says I burned 98 calories for my DeskCycle session instead of the total: 151. Is this correct? Do I need to manually edit the logged activity on Fitbit to adjust for the total calories burned? Or does Fitbit already take in account for the 53 calories burned while sitting, whilst adding the burned 98 calories for the logged activity?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Without considering what the DeskCycle app does, I will tell you how Fitbit handles that.  Consider if you did not use the Disk Cycle app at all.  Fitbit bases calorie burn on heart rate.

1) If you just used the desk cycle with no logging, your heart rate would rise, leading to higher calorie burn.  Your daily totals would reflect the higher calorie burn but you would not get credit for credit for a "workout session" if that is important to you.

2) Perhaps a better option to get the workout logged, use the Exercise App on your Fitbit.  Choose what you want to call the activity (spinning, workout, doesn't really matter), start the workout, then tell it when you are done, and no logging required.  Fitbit gives you the workout summary showing how many calories you burned during the workout based on your heart rate and includes these in your daily total, and also show heart rate graph during workout in the workout summary.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes