Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lose Active minutes when Digi Fit cardio activity synced to FitBit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My wife has a FitBit Force. She has DIgiFit linked with Fitbit. She uses the Cardio activity in DigiFit regardless of whether she is walking, running, or doing non step related workouts. When she is doing activities that tracks active minutes in FitBit at the same time as DigiFit the active minutes in FitBit are deleted when she stops the activity in DigiFit and it syncs. 

For example, she does a 30 minute walk that tracks 30 active minutes in FitBit. At the same time DigiFit is running. When she stops the DigiFit workout, and it syncs, FitBit shows 0 active minutes.

I have tried to reproduce the same thing without success. I also have DigiFit linked to Fitbit. The only difference is I have a FitBit Flex and a iPhone 4s. My wife has a Fitbit Force and a iPhone 5s. I don't lose the active minutes when I close and sync the cardion exercise in DigiFit. 

Is there some setting in either app that is casuing my wife's setup to lose active minutes from DigiFit?

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Manually-logged activities will overwrite Fitbit tracker data that occurs at the same time. This is to prevent double-counting of steps.

Since Active Minutes are dependant on Fitbit step data, this will cause that statistic to register as zero. The only way to count Active Minutes is to accumulate tracker data that crosses the threshold of what is considered to be "Active". See this article for more details.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply, but I think you misunderstood the scenario. Digifit is linked to Fitbit, so Digifit workouts or automatically linked to Fitbit, not manually entered.

As I said, this only happens with my wife's Fitbit Force. I link my Digifit to Fitbit Flex and the Digfit workouts do not zero the active minutes in the Fitbit app. 

We followed the instructions for link the apps together using the method posted here: http://blog.digifit.com/2013/02/digifit-fitbit-myfitnesspal-weight-loss-triad/

Best Answer