Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFP and Fitbit calorie adjustment

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi I've been using MFP to count calories and exercise and how it used to work is that I input the calories eaten (which becomes a minus) and the exercise (which becomes a plus, on calories)... However now that the Fitbit is linked there's a calorie adjustment system which I don't really understand. The only time it adjusts my calories is when I've had a crazy amount of exercise during the day... Surely if I've burned 300 Cal's on my Fitbit, that should be added to MFP as a positive adjustment, regardless if the pre set calories burned on MFP is exceeded? How does MFP get their 'calories burned' from? How is it calculated? Mine is set at 2244 calories, no clue where it gets that from...Please explain the system so I better understand what I can and can't do it calories in...thanks T
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Misty_Moolman.

Thanks for reaching out, let me try and help you better understand. 

You can read more about how the calorie adjustment works by clicking here. As for how the calories are tracked, you can read this help article in our site that explains how calories are tracked on Fitbit.

I hope this helps out! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes