Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFP picks up too many calories burned

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have linked my Fitbit and My Fitness Pal

However when I sync them at the end of the day, MFP will pick up 1000+ exercise allowance!

Example 

Daily allowance calories - 1500

Meals logged - 1480

If I have recorded say 5000 steps on my fitbit - then MFP adds 900 extra calories allowance for the day.

If I carry my phone when I do those 5000 steps (and don't sync Fitbit and MFP) then MFP gives me an extra 45 calories (about right)

Surely Fitbit should calculate daily excercise - work out calories used - sync that to MFP - and voila! I have an accurate excercise allowance showing in MFP.

Anyone else having this issue?

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @Simon_Ben, let me give you a warm welcome to our Fitbit Community! In this case it think the tricky part might be due to your calorie adjustment in MyFitnessPal.

Note that Fitbit does not send your activity to MyFitnessPal as a series of separate cardio exercises. Instead of this, it passes an adjustment. To understand better this please take a look to the following article: What is the Calorie Adjustment in my Exercise Diary?

Hope this information helps, see you later!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Simon_Ben,

I'm having the same problem.  Calorie allowance on MFP 1200, 6181 steps on my Fitbit HR syncd with MFP and it's now showing an additional allowance of 1019 calories.  Seems, way to high.  I would expect maybe 300-400 calories.

Did you find a fix for yours or are we just lucking in with calories? 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes