Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitness Pal messing up and says its fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So yesterday i went to make dinner, was logging my stuff  on my fitness pal and saw it said i had burned 597 calories, then later it went to 600. Now i have had that happen where it adjusts up, but what happened after is a big first. Not only did it go DOWN to 587 cal by bedtime, when i went on to look this morning, to see what it landed at , it says 468?!! What the heck happend!?

I have done things like yesterday lots, i've been more active before 5 pm and it logs fine, sometimes it stays at 0 for a good long while and then finally adjusts but with the issues here recently i figured it was just a hiccup... this has me peeved.

It started changing when i made my nut mix. it was almonds, cashews and i got some white baking chips that are sugar free and are only 60 cal a serving, i just wanted a snack before bed, because at 587 cal burned for what i had eaten, it would have panned out to be under what my doctor told me to go for by a bit, and i was wanting to even it out a bit.. then it changed so i put a bunch of it back and then it went and changed last night. it makes no sense!

like for instance, steps on fitbit, the same amount in MFP BUT the calories burned make no sense.

yesterday was 7520 steps, it sayys 468
Sunday was 6306 steps 364 cal
saturday 3840 steps.... 0 cal...
friday 6122 steps 408 cal
thursday 6463 steps, 59 cal...

before that my app was having tech issues.. but how in the absalute heck does that make sense?!

just like the 26th for instance, my FITBIT says i burned 1035cal in active minutes for an 1hr 26min all together for my heart rate, i had 11,885 steps that day, seemed good till the MFP app logged me down for 887 calories.... that makes no flippen sense!

I posted in the MFP forums and tech said it had to be on the fitbit end because tthe negative calories option was NOT activated at all. Never has been.

I have to have accurate readouts, i have pcos and i have to stay around 1500 cal according to my doctor and i am trying so hard to avoid under eating. The app won't let me get close to 1500 to be able to logg without doing my own math.. but if its giving me the wrong readings of calories burned then i could be under eating or over eating ... i'm trying to avoid over eating, i want a decent deficit, its super frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Krystal1347. It's good to see you back in the Community.

I understand how you feel with this situation. Fitbit devices estimate calories burned based on personal information (age, sex, height, and weight), basal metabolic rate (BMR), and the activity tracked by the device. If the device tracks heart rate, the calorie burn estimate also takes heart rate into account, please verify you have correctly entered this information in your Fitbit profile.

I also recommend you check on this article regarding, How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity? and How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?. Some users usually find it useful to unpair and then pair both apps again to refresh the performance, if you already have them paired.

If you continue having the same problem, please contact our Support Team or the third party customer service.

Hope this helps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @Krystal1347. It's good to see you back in the Community.

I understand how you feel with this situation. Fitbit devices estimate calories burned based on personal information (age, sex, height, and weight), basal metabolic rate (BMR), and the activity tracked by the device. If the device tracks heart rate, the calorie burn estimate also takes heart rate into account, please verify you have correctly entered this information in your Fitbit profile.

I also recommend you check on this article regarding, How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity? and How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?. Some users usually find it useful to unpair and then pair both apps again to refresh the performance, if you already have them paired.

If you continue having the same problem, please contact our Support Team or the third party customer service.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes