Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitness Pal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have followed all of hte instructions listed her (disconnect/ reconnect) but my steps aren't coming from FitBit to My Fitness Pal.  Any ideas?  

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109
I have been trying for two weeks to get my Fitbit steps to show up on myfitnesspal. It worked for a year and now all of a sudden has stopped. Any suggestions?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hltatar I would try unlinking Fitbit and MyFitnessPal from both ends (disconnect Fitbit on MFP's site, and also revoke MFP's access in your Fitbit settings). Then re-link the accounts and make sure to select Fitbit as your step counter in your MFP settings. I just tried that for my account and it seems to have resolved it.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @Twinmama28. It seems other users are experiencing difficulties when trying to link MyFitnessPal with Fitbit. I've reported this issue to the engineering team who has been working on a fix. Hope you get back on track soon.

Keep up the super stepping. Smiley Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Also having problems connecting MFP to the Fitbit Tracker. When I go to "Allow" access via Oauth, the FITBIT (note: not MFP) Oauth page says "It's not you it's us" and tells me to go take some steps. I've taken my steps and I'm trying to sync them to my MFP account, so I don't appreciate the suggestion to be honest.

Please get your software devs to fix the Oauth issue with MFP ASAP. This is extremely frustrating.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did twice. Still nothing

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad I'm not alone in this issue. When I go to "Check-In" on the MFP website I get my steps there, but MFP can't convert the steps to calories. I did a 45-minute walk this morning am at roughly 5800 steps) and knowing my actual calories remaining after my 370-calorie breakfast (Dunkin's chocolate glazed donut, a guilty pleasure) would be helpful.

My TrendWeight|
Best Answer
0 Votes

@tehkittehkat See the post I made here

@bruinsgirl33 Still could possibly be related to MFP's recent site issues, but perhaps this post might help.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @HealthyMT I'll be happy to help here! Cat Embarassed Please make sure that you are revoking access from your Applications section from your Settings. Also, verify you are following these steps to link your MyFitnesspal and Fitbit accounts. Now, re-link the two accounts by doing the following:

1. Sign into your Fitbit Dashboard.
2. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner and select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
3. On the left side of your screen click "Applications."
4. Under MyFitnessPal, click "Revoke Access."
5. You can then re-link the two accounts by going to MyFitnessPal Website.

After relinking, you can verify that your accounts are syncing by using one of the following data points:

1. On Fitbit you can check for your meal summary and logged activities from MFP.
2. On MyFitnessPal, go to "My Home," then "Check-In." You should see your weight, Fitbit Steps, and Fitbit Sleep Minutes. 

Let me know if this helps! Cat Wink

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issues. My steps are not syncing with MFP. I don't see the revoke access option.

what do I need to do........

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I try to reconnect Fitbit to MFP I get a server error from Fitbit?
Best Answer
0 Votes
It actually started working on its own from today
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yesterday my steps weren't syncing to MyFitnessPal, so I went into apps & devices and disconnected my FitBit from it and tried to connect it again to see if it would fix the problem, it usually does. However since then (noon EST yesterday), every time I press connect, it goes to the Fitbit page where I hit allow, then keep getting met with a "it's not you, it's us" screen saying there is a problem with the FitBit servers. Please help, my diet relies pretty heavily on being in sync with my step count!
Best Answer
0 Votes
How can there be an internal server error for almost a whole day? Why is this not fixed?
Best Answer
0 Votes

It stated working yesterday, but then again today calories burned and steps are not synching over. Ugh!

Best Answer
0 Votes

One thing I found is you have to go into MFP and adjust your steps setting to be recorded via fitbit, vs. say Iphone steps.   This worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am having a problem with my steps being synced over to MyFitnessPal. Anyone else? Has anyone been able to remedy this on theirs?
Best Answer
I tried that way. But it's not carrying over the steps from fitbit to MFP. It is showing the steps but 0 calories even after 20,000 steps from yesterday.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having this issue today, I even disconnected and reconnected it from myfitnesspal

Best Answer
0 Votes

note, it does look like it's pulling info from fitnesspal, just not pudating the other way

Best Answer
0 Votes
Must be wide spread mine is not sync today either. Hope they fix it soon!
Best Answer
0 Votes