Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitness Pal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have followed all of hte instructions listed her (disconnect/ reconnect) but my steps aren't coming from FitBit to My Fitness Pal.  Any ideas?  

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109
The link tells you there is a problem but it does not tell you how to fix anything or tell you when it will be fixed.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried this and mine is still not transfering info from fitbit to MFP.  Getting fed up with it now!

Best Answer
Same issue for about 4 or 5 days, food syncs to Fitbit but steps and workouts won't sync to MFP.
Best Answer
Stopped working around 8:30 last night and no improvement so far today. I'm likely gonna lose credit for calories (AGAIN) like I did last week
My TrendWeight|
Best Answer

Hello guys, please refer to @AndrewFitbit' post here

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone, here's the latest from MyFitnessPal:

"Hello folks, 

Starting in April some members started reporting that their Fitbit steps and calorie adjustments are not syncing to their MyFitnessPal accounts. We are aware of an issue affecting some members and are looking into a fix for this issue. 

In the meantime, please be sure that you have Fitbit selected as your step source. 

To do so, please visit the Steps section of your app or on the website here: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/step_trackers

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we do all we can to restore the connection to normal sync as soon as we possibly can.

Thank you,
MyFitnessPal Staff"

I'd recommend checking that page for any news or updates from MFP. 

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
Mfp synced with fitbit and updated the calorie adjustments for two days and then stopped. It's very disappointing.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I can't even do that. When I go to add my Fitbit and click allow access it gives me an error message.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cweinman33 did you follow the link to the MyFitnessPal tech anouncment page? 

Of course there is nothing you can do to fix it, this problem is between MFP and Fitbir. It has nothing to do with the user. MFP says to make sure the accounts are connected, and they are doing their best to get it working

Dear MyFitnessPal Users,

In order to provide you with the most effective technical support possible, we are moving our Tech Support Forums to an integrated system that includes our searchable Frequently Asked Questions. (if you like, you can even help us with the translation effort).

You can find our new Support Center by clicking "Help" on any page of the site, or directly atwww.myfitnesspal.com/help

By integrating our Forum support with the rest of our Support Center, our staff will have easier access to our knowledge base of existing help articles, as well as the ability to easily convert a forum case to a private email case, should we need to collect data that, for your security, should not be posted publicly.

MyFitnessPal users will still be able to support each other by replying to support topics in the new system, and staff will be able to highlight and promote helpful responses from other users so they are easier to find when reviewing a help topic. Your login credentials from MyFitnessPal will keep you logged in at the Support Center, and your MyFitnessPal username will appear next to your questions and replies.

There are many advantages to the move, and we hope you'll actively participate with your questions and your answers.

The only downside to the move is that your posts in our new "Community Questions" area in our Support Center will not be visible on your News Feed or your list of recent posts.

We're sure there will be some challenges to overcome, but we're confident this is the right move to help us ensure you are given the best technical support experience possible when using MyFitnessPal.

Legacy Tech Support content will remain on the MyFitnessPal site, and can be browsed and searched by visiting this link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/11-technical-support-need-help , but new topics can no longer be started there.

Please let us know what we can to do make the experience a positive one for you. We're eager for your feedback.

Steven
MyFitnessPal Staff
I found this article helpful
Last Updated: May 19, 2015 12:37PM PDT

Contact Us
Copyright 2005-2016 MyFitnessPal, Inc
Customer service software powered by Desk.com

Best Answer

Mine's working now!! 🙂

Spoiler

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cweinman33 If you can, I suggest you try linking the accounts using a PC. 

What motivates you?

Best Answer
Yes I did but it's not even letting me link them. Yes I followed the link.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem... the information is going from MyFitness Pal to the Fitbit, but not the other way around...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I might have found the fix. I haven't been able to verify yet, but yall can try it too.

login to the myfitnesspal website -> apps tab -> steps subtab -> select fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. I've tried revoking access on the Fitbit site, disconnecting the account from the MFP site, changing my step preferance from and to fitbit in the "more" section of the website multiple times. I've even gone so far as to delete both of the apps from my phone and reinstall them. Nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tred to sync my fitness pal and it will not work anyone else having trouble or knows of any tricks
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also facing the same problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dwent01 @shari2206 Welcome to the Community! I've moved your post to this thread so you can get more information about it. You may want to check @AndrewFitbit's post here

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I had real issues a few weeks ago with my Fitbit Charge HR not syncing to MyFitnessPal. I unlinked and then couldn't get them to relink...after a couple of days I managed to link them again but the sync of my exercise and calorie burn from exercise still weren't carrying across to MFP which was really messing with my calorie control!

Today, I read something on here which said to make sure that you have selected your Fitbit as your Step Tracker device on MFP (as well as linking your Fitbit to MFP and having it as your activity tracker). So I logged into MFP on my laptop, selected the 'Apps' tab and then 'Steps'. Clicked 'select' on the button next to Fitbit. Hey presto! My data synced properly.

Just thought I'd post this so others can try it and see if this is the issue with their sync problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @Loubbylou! 🙂

Hey everyone, MyFitnessPal seems to have identified the issue. Check out their latest update below!

"Monday, August 8, 2016, 11:18am PDT

Hello folks, 

Starting in April some members started reporting that their Fitbit steps and calorie adjustments are not syncing to their MyFitnessPal accounts. We are aware of an issue affecting some members and are looking into a fix for this issue. 

We have been investigating for some time, and believe we have found the cause.  We did find that this bug also affected partners outside of Fitbit.  If you have been having trouble with your step partner not syncing steps or creating an adjustment, please follow the same steps outlined below. 

We have released a fix that should get these steps and adjustments back in line.  If you are not seeing your steps/adjustment populate, this means you need to refresh your token by unlinking and relinking the two programs.  If you do not complete this step after not seeing your steps/adjustment, this fix will not propagate to your accounts.  Once you have completed the relink, please also ensure you have your linked partner chosen as your Primary Step Source.  You can do this from the Steps tab of the MyFitnessPal app menu or via web from the Apps tab.

Please do let us know if you're still having any trouble!

Thank you,
MyFitnessPal Staff"

What motivates you?

Best Answer