Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My fitbit stopped sending steps to MyFitnessPal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

About 5 days ago my fitbit stopped sending data over to Myfitnesspal. I'm far from the only one, to judge from the discussion over there. I tried firing fitbit from myfitnesspal but it reconnects all by itself so I need some steps to follow with screenshots for this middle age lady with only moderate skills with these things. I've had trouble implementing solutions I've seen here because information, or steps are assumed...keep it simple and step by step please! and thank you in advance!

I'm an iPhone user. 

It'd be really amazing if somebody explained why this would have happened, there were no updates of either app percipitating this. (that I know of)

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

I'm replying to my own message because it fell deep into the second page where nobody will see it otherwise! HELP?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everybody seems to be having the same issue, my workouts aren't syncing. They told me unlink the accounts on the fitbit site and add it back but it didn't work. Its telling my I burned 68 calories adjusted for an 1:31 min zumba class. So incorrect

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got a Charge 2 last week and it will not send exercise/steps/anything to MyFitnessPal. MFP stuff shows up in the Fitbit app and online dashboard, but nothing going the other way. Has there been any reply on this or am I doing something wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you sync it through fitbit first?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, seems to have stopped last Thursday... not syncing... syncing at the FB app but not MFP.

Thing needs a kick... I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting as per support at MFP, but nothing works.

So... any help anywhere?

TMS

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad this is getting some love, just wish we were getting some guidance too.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mines did the same thing I unlinked and reconnected about 3-4 times. And
its still not right
Best Answer
0 Votes
MFP act like they don't know what we're talking about
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I went here, it's message 55 of 91. https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Third-Party-Integrations/FitBit-not-linking-with-myfitnesspal/m-p/14...

I tried the steps BUT when I go back into my fitnesspal it's already reconnected to Fitbit. Is that normal behavior??? I also synced and still no steps come over from fitbit to MFP. Now I will wait until morning and see what happens tomorrow.

It was working so well before...I'll take this post over to MFP and see what's happened there. I'm just really dismayed...  

Best Answer
0 Votes

and i am android user. i have ever experienced the same situation like you, and then i had to install app again, however after a short time, it keep having problem. 

i asked my friends and they advised me to install apk file.

i tried and now it runs smoothly. 

you can consider my solution. for android: http://choilieng.com

bonus: http://choilieng.com/apk-on-pc/com.clashro.gems.apk for you 

Best Answer
0 Votes
This problem is becoming very irritating, I did a total of 18,896 steps
yesterday with a hour workout all to sync to MFP for an adjusted calories
of 181. MFP is no help they only keep saying the same things over and over.
I may have to find another app that syncs with fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't have anandroid phone and even if I did I would be reluctant to do this. what on earth IS this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, its nice to see you again @AutumnMoonfire, @Fitandfresh@vettle and welcome to the newcomers like @Terrancesmith and @ValkMer2

I've been reading all your post and it seems there are some issues that you cannot sync your steps or there are calories fluctuation. 

When the exercises  are not syncing with MFP and Fitbit the best to do is to re-link both of your accounts, for this the following post might provide you additional information.

With calories fluctuation, I recommend to review this post: MyFitnessPal: How to correct calorie discrepancy from MFP to Fitbit.

Hope this helps. See you around if you have additional questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I managed to get them talking again by unlinking them in the phone, turning off the phone entirely and then relinking them using the websites, when I turned them back on they were talking again. Page 2 of this thread describes what I did.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10512072/charge-2-wont-sync

I will be 100% not surprised if I have to do this again down the road. 

Best Answer

Hi @AutumnMoonfire, thank you for sharing with us how you were able to resolved this issue by unlinking your accounts and connecting them again through the website. I'm sure your experience will be helpful to other users who might be experiencing the same scenario.

See you again and stay awesome!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer