Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My fitness pal not showing calories

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using myfitnesspal and Fitbit together, I have Fitbit listed as my step tracker. I have done 4,000 steps as exercise today which should burn some calories yet it shows nothing on myfitnesspal. There’s is a link to a screenshot showing the problem: 

https://twitter.com/anonymousbeanie/status/1253799097057906690?s=21

How can I fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Jackartack Welcome to the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Thanks for the details mentioned and the screenshot attached. 

At MyFitnessPal, they already have an estimate of the amount of calories you will need for the day, based on your profile information, and the general activity level you selected (lightly active, very active, etc). When Fitbit tells them how many calories you are on track to burn by the end of the day, MyFitnessPal updates your calorie goal to keep you on track for your targeted weight loss (or weight gain).

You can verify that the correct data is being transferred after any Fitbit sync, by viewing the detail screen for your adjustment. If you look under the Fitbit adjustment you will see that it is based on a number of calories burned as of the time of the last sync. This number should be the same as the number showing on your Fitbit Dashboard. Please note it may take up to 15 minutes for MyFitnessPal to show the last sync, so the numbers may vary slightly due to this delay.

I would like you to unlink Fitbit and MyFitnessPal by following the tips on this article

Keep me posted! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the reply, I have unlinked and re-linked the Fitbit. I noticed Myfitnesspal to be showing the calories burned from steps, but then the number goes back to zero again. I have negative calorie/ personalised calorie adjustment disabled on both apps. 
The problem is still persisting despite reconnecting, not sure where to go from here 

thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jackartack Thanks for getting back. I apologize for the delayed in my reply. 

We've tried all possible troubleshooting for this integration issue. We recommend contacting the developer of the app for further assistance.

To find the app developer's contact information, please visit the app store on your phone and see the app's description.

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes