Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My fitness pal not syncing properly with fitbit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Suddenly after yesterday's update, I'm getting both missed calories and duplicate calories synced from Myfitnesspal to Fitbit. Is this happening to anyone else and how do I fix it?
Zoe Barnard
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Surferzosa, welcome aboard to our community. I recommend to re-link your accounts by doing the following: 

1. Sign into your Fitbit dashboard.
2. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner and select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
3. On the left side of your screen click "Applications."
4. Under MyFitnessPal, click "Revoke Access."
5. You can then re-link the two accounts by going to http://www.fitbit.com/apps/myfitnesspal.

After relinking, you can verify that your accounts are syncing by using one of the following data points:

1. On Fitbit you can check for your meal summary and logged activities from MFP.
2. On MyFitnessPal, go to "My Home," then "Check-In." You should see your weight, Fitbit Steps, and Fitbit Sleep Minutes. 

Hope this helps and let me know if the issue persist.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Surferzosa

Have moved this thread from the Alta to the Third-Party Integrations section to increase the chance of getting a solution.

Your post will get more attention here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Surferzosa, welcome aboard to our community. I recommend to re-link your accounts by doing the following: 

1. Sign into your Fitbit dashboard.
2. Click the gear icon in the upper right corner and select "Settings" from the drop-down menu.
3. On the left side of your screen click "Applications."
4. Under MyFitnessPal, click "Revoke Access."
5. You can then re-link the two accounts by going to http://www.fitbit.com/apps/myfitnesspal.

After relinking, you can verify that your accounts are syncing by using one of the following data points:

1. On Fitbit you can check for your meal summary and logged activities from MFP.
2. On MyFitnessPal, go to "My Home," then "Check-In." You should see your weight, Fitbit Steps, and Fitbit Sleep Minutes. 

Hope this helps and let me know if the issue persist.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does the same and this didn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My fitbit and fitness pal apps intermittently don't sync. It's very frustrating. Can anyone help? I don't seem to have a gear setting in the top right hand corner of my screen either.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @scorky and welcome aboard to our Community @SarrieGirl7.

@scorky in your case if you already try my previous suggestion, please approach to our Support team for additional help. They will be able to review the issue with you to know the next step.

@SarrieGirl7 the gear icon is present on your Web-based Dashboard. So if you are using the mobile app you wont be able to see this option. To revoke third party access you need to use the Online Dashboard following this link: My Applications.

Let me know if you have more questions, I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey, found it eventually! But the two still aren't syncing. Any suggestions???
Best Answer
0 Votes

DON'T revoke access. That does nothing. I have had to go to the fitbit website, not through the cellphone app, and edit it there.

On the dashboard click on the food section, then click "more" down below.

In some of the cases I would go back and delete an item on the fitnesspal app and it never showed on the fitbit app. But it did separate the entry so it was easy to delete. Once you have corrected it on the website, not the app, then be patient. It may take a day before it's corrected on your app. I have tried using wifi and cellular data and nothing speeds up the communication between the website and the app on your phone.

Once you have corrected the current day you can go back and correct the other days.

Hope that helps.

Best Answer