Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal Calorie Estimate Inaccuracy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone. I've tried searching the forum, but haven't found anything that exactly answers my question. Basically, since I started using the FitBit (2 days ago), my permitted calorie intake per MyFitnessPal seems way off. I've got MFP set to "Lightly Active" with the goal of losing 1lb/wk. Today, I've taken 2,674 FitBit steps, and MFP is counting that as *248* calories earned. It's saying I can eat 2,508 calories today. That seems insanely high, esp. sicne it's only 10:00am. Yesterday, I  went for a 10 minute jog and ended up with 14,000 steps, and MFP has that as 1,623 earned calories from exercise. I ate 2849 calories yesterday, and it's still showing me with a defecit of 1,034--which can't possibly be right. There's no way I could theoretically eat 3800 calories a day and still lose weight. 

Any ideas what's going on?

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I have been using the FitBit coupled with the MFP for months.  Suddenly I am also getting insanely high exercise calories credited to my MFP account.  I am hoping for some answer to this OTHER than disconnecting the two.  

It is a convenience to have them "speak" to each other, but not when I am getting 550 calories for walking around in my daily life on top of my actual exercise.  

Please someone Help!!!

Best Answer

You guys might want to ask MFP, they are responsible for what they sync and their calculations. 

Best Answer
0 Votes