Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal Duplicated entries in food log

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been having issues with the meal calories not syncing between MPF and Fitbit for a few days now. Instead of updating calories with each entry, it will duplicate it.

Example: I enter my foods in MPF. So for breakfast, say I add cereal (100 calories). Then a little while later I'll add milk (50 calories). Total calories consumed: 150.

When Fitbit syncs, I'll see two entries for breakfast. One for 100 calories (cereal), and then another one for 150 calories (cereal + milk). Total calories consumed: 250, as opposed to 150.

I tried revoking access and relinking, and that didn't work. Anyone else having this issue? I've been manually deleting it but it's really annoying!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@jenn001 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for the details mentioned, let's try to find a solution. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. I see where your disappointment is coming from. 

Keep in mind that Fitbit will sync steps, calories and scale measurements. Instead MyFitnessPal will sync logged food and activities to Fitbit. Since both accounts are linked, it's recommended to only log food only in MyFitnessPal because it will sync to Fitbit. Can you confirm that food is logged in one place? Did it happen since you linked both accounts?

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@jenn001 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for the details mentioned, let's try to find a solution. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. I see where your disappointment is coming from. 

Keep in mind that Fitbit will sync steps, calories and scale measurements. Instead MyFitnessPal will sync logged food and activities to Fitbit. Since both accounts are linked, it's recommended to only log food only in MyFitnessPal because it will sync to Fitbit. Can you confirm that food is logged in one place? Did it happen since you linked both accounts?

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I know. I only log food in MyFitnessPal. The problem is whenever I make updates, FitBit will create a duplicate entry instead of updating what's already there.

I didn't have problems syncing until a few days ago. Thought maybe it was a glitch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jenn001 Thank you for getting back. 

Please make sure both apps are up-to-date and continue monitoring its behavior. If you experience this again, you may want to contact MyFitnessPal directly for further assistance. 

Have a good weekend. 

Best Answer
0 Votes