Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal Fitbit Sync issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone! 

MyFitnessPal is currently investigating a syncing issue between Fitbit and MyFitnessPal. At this time, they do not recommend unlinking and relinking your Fitbit account to MyFitnessPal. This will add additional sync requests to our backlog, and increase the amount of time it will take to work through the backlog of sync requests. Learn more about it by checking the post here

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Would this affect the app "My Fitness Sync"?  Mine hasn't been syncing since Feb. 7.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Violette88 It's nice to see you on the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

MyFitnessSync app is different from MyFitnessPal, in this case, you may want to unlink both apps and link them again. If this doesn't work, please contact MyFitnesssSync app, they will continue assisting you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the problem, that when I log my food in MFP and make a few changes to the logged food, it is added up in Fitbit rather than changed .So it happens that I suddenly had a breakfast worth off 900 calories, rather than the 260 calories that it actually was. On MFP the food is now correct, but on Fitbit it is several times higher than what actually has been consumed. Deleting the food on Fitbit doesn't help at all, it rather makes matters worse.

The synchronization worked really well up until the last update of the Fitbit App. This is sad as the combination of both apps really helped me to get into better shape.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, 

Just curious if this is still affecting syncing? I just recently got a Fitbit (finally!) and it says in MyFitnessPal that the Fitbit app is connected but it’s not syncing information.

Thanks!

Laura

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have actually been using my MyFitnesdSync (not MyFitnessPal), and I did finally get it to work. I had to uninstall and reinstall the app, restart my phone, uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app and I think I had to reinstall my watch as well. But now it does sync my watch to the fitness Fitbit app.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

According to another thread here, I contacted the support of MyFitnessPal. They investigated the issue and solved it. So after another update of the MFP app, it worked again. I didn't have to delete and re-install the MFP or the Fitbit app.

Best Answer

Hey everyone! Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Thanks for the details mentioned. 

@KayKay-Zw I'm glad to hear that it started working again. 

@Lauracath91 Welcome to the Community! I did some research on MyFitnessPal and this issue should be resolved by now. I would like you to make sure you connected your apps following the instructions on this article

@Violette88 It's nice to see you on the Community. Thanks for sharing the troubleshooting that helped you resolved the issue you were experiencing. 

As a side note, you may want to check this post to check the information that's going to sync between Fitbit and MyFitnessPal. 

Best Answer
0 Votes