Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal Syncing Issues (06/03/19) - SOLVED

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UPDATE 06/11/2019

Hello everyone!

Thank you all for sharing your details and experiences with MFP.

I'd like to share some wording on the latest update posted by MFP. You can click here to see their full statement.

"It's possible you have an expired access token.  This means that the authentication between MyFitnessPal and Fitbit has expired, and you need to re-authenticate using your Fitbit credentials for sync to resume.  This is not directly related to this incident, but is a top reason why some members do not see data sync.  However, it should be easy to fix if you follow the exact steps outlined below.  Once re-authenticated, sync will resume from the date of relink forward; Past data will not sync.

1. First, log into your Fitbit account at Fitbit.com.  
  2. Click the gear icon and choose Settings.  
  3. Once in your settings, select the Applications tab, and locate MyFitnessPal.  
  4. Once you find MyFitnessPal click Revoke access.  
  5. Once revoked, return to MyFitnessPal, and relink Fitbit."

I hope you find this useful. Let us know if there are any other questions on the matter.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE 06/06/19:

Hello everyone.

As it has been mentioned and shared already, the issue appears to have been resolved by MFP already and now they are waiting for the backlog of sync requests to be completed.

You can read about it by clicking here

Thank you all for your patience.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone!

We'd like to let you all know that we are aware of a syncing issue between Fitbit and MyFitnessPal (MFP) that has been going on since June 3rd. MFP is aware of this and they are investigating the issue. You can see what they have to say about the whole situation by clicking here.

Below you can see an extract of what MFP has said:

"Our team continues to investigate to isolate the root cause of the issue. At this time some users will see no data syncing, while some may see some data syncing sporadically.  We are working on resolving this for all members."

For the time being we do not recommend disconnecting and reconnecting the apps. We recommend waiting for MFP to identify a solution.

We'll keep you all updated on this as it develops.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
176 REPLIES 176

@drjanek wrote:
But you have to have the app on your Fitbit too and it’s no longer in the
list of available apps for Fitbit!

@drjanek — just to clarify, you link from the MFP app, not from the Fitbit side.  Even so, Fitbit does list MFP as an app that works with Fitbit on this webpage: https://www.fitbit.com/partnership

21254751-51E8-4F1B-A5D1-839B31626CCF.jpeg

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Please see attachments. MyFitnessPal should also be listed in « my apps »
but it isn’t. Nor is it listed any longer in the Fitbit list of « all app »
from which I could add it to « my apps ». This is despite the fact that
MyFitnessPal says it is connected to my FitBit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@drjanek in the list of compatible apps it just means that MyFitnessPal syncs with Fitbit. There isn't an app on the fitbit to do this. Instead the two are linked at the account level.

It sounds like your accounts are linked ok but you may still be on the backlog that MyFitnessPal are working through.

Best Answer

@drjanek this thread is about an issue where MFP was unable to retrieve a users data from the users account. You do not need to have the MFP on your phone for this to happen. 

As for an MFP app for the Ionic, Versa, and Versa lite, which would be found under My Apps. Their has never been one.. If there was it would be like the Strava app and only would display the users MFP desktop. 

This would have nothing to do with the transfer of data from one account to another account. 

To sum up, there has never been an MFP app on for a Fitbit device. 

Best Answer

Hello everyone!

Thank you all for sharing your details and experiences with MFP.

I'd like to share some wording on the latest update posted by MFP. You can click here to see their full statement.

"It's possible you have an expired access token.  This means that the authentication between MyFitnessPal and Fitbit has expired, and you need to re-authenticate using your Fitbit credentials for sync to resume.  This is not directly related to this incident, but is a top reason why some members do not see data sync.  However, it should be easy to fix if you follow the exact steps outlined below.  Once re-authenticated, sync will resume from the date of relink forward; Past data will not sync.

1. First, log into your Fitbit account at Fitbit.com.  
  2. Click the gear icon and choose Settings.  
  3. Once in your settings, select the Applications tab, and locate MyFitnessPal.  
  4. Once you find MyFitnessPal click Revoke access.  
  5. Once revoked, return to MyFitnessPal, and relink Fitbit."

I hope you find this useful. Let us know if there are any other questions on the matter.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

This is all so insanely irritating.  I did the revoke/relink and it's still not working.

Best Answer

did it again, and it finally works... but I've lost every sync for the past year now... I'm so unhappy with this.  There NEEDS to be a way for these two companies to recapture that data, I mean it's saved in both apps it shouldn't be too hard to re-sync.

Best Answer
One would thinkSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to revoke access and delink to get it to work.  But it’s working now.  Finally.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine too!Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Also had to revoke access and relink, wasn't a straightforward process, even following their directions, but at least Fitbit and MFP are syncing again.

Things like this don't happen out of the blue, they need to do a better job of vetting their code changes going forward to prevent this type of issue from reoccuring.

Best Answer
AgreeSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have revoked access in Fitbit but MFP still shows as linked but FB shows no link so now i cant even try to relink it.  Both MFP & FB are saying its the others problem.  Ive tried logging out and back in and deleting the apps and re-installing them, no joy.  Please help  

Best Answer
Revoke from within MFP, restart both apps (I did it all on my computer) and then was able to rethink from within MFP.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did that several times, still not working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone.

Thanks for sharing that disconnecting the apps and connecting them again has done the trick for most of you.

@Cic1979 I'd like to take a closer look at your situation. Could you share some screenshots of how it is showing on both ends for you? That way I could better understand and maybe find a way to get them to disconnect correctly.

I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is finally working. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

"Once re-authenticated, sync will resume from the date of relink forward; Past data will not sync"

Still not syncing - So if we do this revoke reconnect process, we've effectively lost 9 days data with no way to fix? Not a great solution considering!! Unbelievable!

Best Answer
Exactly Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes