Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal Syncing Issues (06/03/19) - SOLVED

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UPDATE 06/11/2019

Hello everyone!

Thank you all for sharing your details and experiences with MFP.

I'd like to share some wording on the latest update posted by MFP. You can click here to see their full statement.

"It's possible you have an expired access token.  This means that the authentication between MyFitnessPal and Fitbit has expired, and you need to re-authenticate using your Fitbit credentials for sync to resume.  This is not directly related to this incident, but is a top reason why some members do not see data sync.  However, it should be easy to fix if you follow the exact steps outlined below.  Once re-authenticated, sync will resume from the date of relink forward; Past data will not sync.

1. First, log into your Fitbit account at Fitbit.com.  
  2. Click the gear icon and choose Settings.  
  3. Once in your settings, select the Applications tab, and locate MyFitnessPal.  
  4. Once you find MyFitnessPal click Revoke access.  
  5. Once revoked, return to MyFitnessPal, and relink Fitbit."

I hope you find this useful. Let us know if there are any other questions on the matter.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE 06/06/19:

Hello everyone.

As it has been mentioned and shared already, the issue appears to have been resolved by MFP already and now they are waiting for the backlog of sync requests to be completed.

You can read about it by clicking here

Thank you all for your patience.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone!

We'd like to let you all know that we are aware of a syncing issue between Fitbit and MyFitnessPal (MFP) that has been going on since June 3rd. MFP is aware of this and they are investigating the issue. You can see what they have to say about the whole situation by clicking here.

Below you can see an extract of what MFP has said:

"Our team continues to investigate to isolate the root cause of the issue. At this time some users will see no data syncing, while some may see some data syncing sporadically.  We are working on resolving this for all members."

For the time being we do not recommend disconnecting and reconnecting the apps. We recommend waiting for MFP to identify a solution.

We'll keep you all updated on this as it develops.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone!

Thank you all for sharing your details and experiences with MFP.

I'd like to share some wording on the latest update posted by MFP. You can click here to see their full statement.

"It's possible you have an expired access token.  This means that the authentication between MyFitnessPal and Fitbit has expired, and you need to re-authenticate using your Fitbit credentials for sync to resume.  This is not directly related to this incident, but is a top reason why some members do not see data sync.  However, it should be easy to fix if you follow the exact steps outlined below.  Once re-authenticated, sync will resume from the date of relink forward; Past data will not sync.

1. First, log into your Fitbit account at Fitbit.com.  
  2. Click the gear icon and choose Settings.  
  3. Once in your settings, select the Applications tab, and locate MyFitnessPal.  
  4. Once you find MyFitnessPal click Revoke access.  
  5. Once revoked, return to MyFitnessPal, and relink Fitbit."

I hope you find this useful. Let us know if there are any other questions on the matter.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
176 REPLIES 176

I've connected Fitbit to MyFitnessPal and it says it is linked but no data from my food log on My Fitness Pal and my exercise on my Fitbit ever syncs with each other.   No data from either links up. 

Best Answer

I've the same problem none of my activity tracked on fitbit charge 2 makes it across to myfitnesspal even though it says its linked.

Best Answer

It's nice to see you around the forums guys @BuckeyeSam @Elisebeth! I recommend to unlink the accounts and them link them again. Doing this should be able to resolve any issues between the account.

To do that, follow these steps:

1. Sign into your Fitbit dashboard.
2. Go to the Applications settings on your account.
4. Under MyFitnessPal, click "Revoke Access."
5. You can then re-link the two accounts.

Let me know if this works guys! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I am  having the same problem. Just updated my phone and both apps. Unlinked them and re linked them but it hasn't fixed the issue.

Best Answer

@BuckeyeSam, @Elisebeth, and @Dpupeza00, please see this post in what data,syncs between your Fitbit and MFP accounts. It will help explain some of what your seeing.Screenshot_2017-08-08-18-12-31.png

@Dpupeza00 i believe a sync is required before any data will sync after a reconnect.

Best Answer

I tried this..... even deleted both my apps and reloaded them after revoking access and it still doesn't sync

Best Answer

Thanks Rich_Laue but none of my data syncs between the two

Best Answer

I did sync and still no info transferring:( everything was fine up until July 26 and then nothing. Steps aren't going to mfp and food logged is not going to Fitbit. Even deleted them and that didn't work. I'm just wondering if it has something to do updates. I'm missing using these apps together. 

Best Answer

Can'tsay @Dpupeza00, i don't see how any updates to the app or tracker dhould affect this, but i also don't know everything that happens behind the scene so i can't be positive. 

In theory all syncing between MFP and Fitbit happens on the internet between the two servers. The apps should not even needed for this sync to occur. 

For years people have synced to the PC, then used MFP's Website to enter their food.

Best Answer

Thanks for trying the suggestions @Elisebeth @Dpupeza00Our team is aware of it and it seems the issue has also been acknowledged by MyFinessPal as well. Please keep an eye on this thread where we will update once we have more information about this issue.

Thanks for sharing that good information my friend @Rich_LaueRobot Very Happy

Thank you for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine hasn't synced since October... I gave up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm giving up too......... unless someone finds out the solution please let me know.  I've tried every suggestion. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this 2 times and it STILL doesn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NaeFit, @Elisebeth, and @mcats, please keep an eye on the main thread @MarreFitbit, mentions above.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you mean by Application settings?  I can't find that on my iPhone6+ on my Fitbit dashboard anywhere? Do I have to go on the computer for this? I haven't been able to sync fir quite awhile, and my reminders just quit coming, too, after using MyFitnessPal and Fitbit together for over a year on this phone?

Best Answer

I reinstalled my apps too with the same luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Am I just not seeing updates on this issue or are you still having problems a week + later?

Best Answer
0 Votes

for past 2 days not getting sync between 2 programs... steps don't show in my fitness pal and exercise in my fitness pal doesn't show in fitbit   my fitness pal says its not their issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ghu the application setting metioned above are one of the entries in your Fitbit settings. Go back up to the post, you will notice the words Application Settings are in a different color. This color means it is a hyperlink simply click/tap on one of these words and the next page viewed will be the application settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes