Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal Syncing Issues (06/03/19) - SOLVED

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UPDATE 06/11/2019

Hello everyone!

Thank you all for sharing your details and experiences with MFP.

I'd like to share some wording on the latest update posted by MFP. You can click here to see their full statement.

"It's possible you have an expired access token.  This means that the authentication between MyFitnessPal and Fitbit has expired, and you need to re-authenticate using your Fitbit credentials for sync to resume.  This is not directly related to this incident, but is a top reason why some members do not see data sync.  However, it should be easy to fix if you follow the exact steps outlined below.  Once re-authenticated, sync will resume from the date of relink forward; Past data will not sync.

1. First, log into your Fitbit account at Fitbit.com.  
  2. Click the gear icon and choose Settings.  
  3. Once in your settings, select the Applications tab, and locate MyFitnessPal.  
  4. Once you find MyFitnessPal click Revoke access.  
  5. Once revoked, return to MyFitnessPal, and relink Fitbit."

I hope you find this useful. Let us know if there are any other questions on the matter.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE 06/06/19:

Hello everyone.

As it has been mentioned and shared already, the issue appears to have been resolved by MFP already and now they are waiting for the backlog of sync requests to be completed.

You can read about it by clicking here

Thank you all for your patience.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone!

We'd like to let you all know that we are aware of a syncing issue between Fitbit and MyFitnessPal (MFP) that has been going on since June 3rd. MFP is aware of this and they are investigating the issue. You can see what they have to say about the whole situation by clicking here.

Below you can see an extract of what MFP has said:

"Our team continues to investigate to isolate the root cause of the issue. At this time some users will see no data syncing, while some may see some data syncing sporadically.  We are working on resolving this for all members."

For the time being we do not recommend disconnecting and reconnecting the apps. We recommend waiting for MFP to identify a solution.

We'll keep you all updated on this as it develops.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
176 REPLIES 176

I have not been able to get my fitness pal and fit bit to sync despite trying all the suggestions. 

Best Answer
For some reason, it takes me out of my app when I click on the application settings so I didn't think it was working. I finally figured out how to revoke it within the website and then link them back but still no luck.... Still no syncing! Frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
For some reason, it takes me out of my app when I click on the application settings so I didn't think it was working. I finally figured out how to revoke it within the website and then link them back but still no luck.... Still no syncing! Frustrating!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Elisebeth at what step does it fail?

@Ghu have you both followed the instructions

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally got mine to start working again. Not sure what repaired it except just revoking everything twice. It just started working again seemingly as accidentally as it failed. I even thought some of the pixels were going out on it after the syncing came back, but after charging it, everything was okay all day today.  Hope it stays that way. Thanks for the guidance, everyone! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did this.. I revoked access to MFP by going through the website in the links in your post, and now it's no longer in the list and I don't see how to get the access back to MyFitnessPal and MyFitnessPal is still not showing the steps from FitBit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to disconnect my fitness pal and fit bit on an actual PC or Laptop. If you do it from your phone it will NOT work. Also once you do this on your PC or Laptop, please try switch of your mobile phone and restarting before linking the accounts again. It works when you use this approach. Only glitch however is that it wont take in to account exercise days or calories burned for an already closed diary. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@charliDMB you need to reconnect by going to MFP or using their app. 

You can go to www.fitbit.com//apps this will direct to to the right page on MFP

Best Answer
0 Votes

my fitness pal once revoked doesn't show up. how do I add it back

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to the link in my last post. Find MFP, tap it and on the next page there will be instructions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I revoked access, but don't know how to get myFitnessPal back in.

Minniak
Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to log into your MFP account, then go to the page setup by MFP to link up with Fitbit. 

I would look at the help pages on MFP .

Best Answer

My food log from MyFitnessPal hasn’t updated in the Fitbit app for 8 hours. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting the app. 

Best Answer

You like me have made it worse. Myfitnesspal is down, just wait.

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2976520-fitbit-sync-issues

Best Answer

MyFitnessPal stopped tracking my steps randomly in the middle of the day. I've browsed the forums and have tried to disconnect the apps SEVERAL times and nothing is working. I really rely on these methods to track my calories. Is there any other way to fix this.

Note: my Fitbit model is the Versa

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same issue! and I've tried all the things and I can't get MFP to sync with Fitbit. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me right after lunch 😞 I have tried unlinking and then linking again from both apps but nothing works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ges813, @Howwrdj7287 and @maliadrennan. Nice to see you in the community.

There appears to be a known issue with the Fitbit - Myfitnesspal sync (see here). You are advised not to try to relink your Fitbit and myfitnesspal accounts as this causes extra load on the server. If you keep an eye on the link I posted above, it should be updated with the progress of the fix.

I understand the frustration though as I too rely heavily on Myfitnesspal for food logging. Hopefully a fix won't be too far away. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Maybe they should have sent a push notification to those of us that have the MyFitnessPal app on our phone. Then we might have been a little more patient. So annoying.

Best Answer

I seem to be having the same issue, but it was working fine yesterday and stopped syncing this morning. Its so frustrating. Do you have an update on a fix? As like the others I have followed the suggested steps in the forums of disconnecting the apps, logging out and reconnecting but nothing is working so far. 

Help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes