Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal Syncing Issues (06/03/19) - SOLVED

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UPDATE 06/11/2019

Hello everyone!

Thank you all for sharing your details and experiences with MFP.

I'd like to share some wording on the latest update posted by MFP. You can click here to see their full statement.

"It's possible you have an expired access token.  This means that the authentication between MyFitnessPal and Fitbit has expired, and you need to re-authenticate using your Fitbit credentials for sync to resume.  This is not directly related to this incident, but is a top reason why some members do not see data sync.  However, it should be easy to fix if you follow the exact steps outlined below.  Once re-authenticated, sync will resume from the date of relink forward; Past data will not sync.

1. First, log into your Fitbit account at Fitbit.com.  
  2. Click the gear icon and choose Settings.  
  3. Once in your settings, select the Applications tab, and locate MyFitnessPal.  
  4. Once you find MyFitnessPal click Revoke access.  
  5. Once revoked, return to MyFitnessPal, and relink Fitbit."

I hope you find this useful. Let us know if there are any other questions on the matter.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE 06/06/19:

Hello everyone.

As it has been mentioned and shared already, the issue appears to have been resolved by MFP already and now they are waiting for the backlog of sync requests to be completed.

You can read about it by clicking here

Thank you all for your patience.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone!

We'd like to let you all know that we are aware of a syncing issue between Fitbit and MyFitnessPal (MFP) that has been going on since June 3rd. MFP is aware of this and they are investigating the issue. You can see what they have to say about the whole situation by clicking here.

Below you can see an extract of what MFP has said:

"Our team continues to investigate to isolate the root cause of the issue. At this time some users will see no data syncing, while some may see some data syncing sporadically.  We are working on resolving this for all members."

For the time being we do not recommend disconnecting and reconnecting the apps. We recommend waiting for MFP to identify a solution.

We'll keep you all updated on this as it develops.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
176 REPLIES 176

Hi all 

My steps from my FITBIT have stopped syncing to MFP. 

I've searched the forums and followed all the suggested steps, disconnecting, logging out, logging back in and reconnecting but nothing has worked so far. 

Any help is appreciated! 

Many thanks

Emily

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've disconnected and reconnected my fitbit and MFP about 5 times and my steps still will not sync with MFP....

Best Answer

Is this problem being actively worked on?  What is the ETA for a fix?  I am yet another user who is experiencing this problem.  I have lost nearly 2 hours researching, disconnecting and reconnecting apps before I found this alert advising that the problem is on your end. It's bad enough the devices suddenly stop syncing -- but there should be a way for MFP to email or text an alert to your users so we are aware that this is the situation and you are working on it.

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem! The two of the just won’t work together although I synchronised them and I have been connecting and disconnecting them afternoon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My last sync was Saturday afternoon, but I didn't enter anything after that until today.  Hopefully things will start flowing soon so I can see how much I over ate in both places.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue! Looking forward to it being fixed soon! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same problem as well.  Looking forward to the fix.  I love synching MFP and Fitbit.

Best Answer

Need help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any updates on a fix? The calorie adjustment is eventually making my way through to MFP but none of the food logged in MFP is making its way over to Fitbit and hasn’t for days now 😭 trying to work on my calorie deficit 🐽 

Best Answer

@Esme123 I've moved your none iOS question into the MFP thread. Please look at the top post. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesn’t seem this is isolated to MyFitnessPal. The scales I use also have an app which will no longer sync the data to Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happy to know that it's not just me but wish I'd seen this sooner - I unlinked both accounts and now I can't relink them at all, I get the "To connect your FitBit account please allow MyFitnessPal to access all FitBit data point" error every time I try to reconnect using MFP even though I have all the data points selected. Hopefully that's resolved as well with the syncing issue

Best Answer

This didn't work. MyFitnessPal won't even connect to Fitbit now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately I disconnected MFP before seeing your note. Now I’m not finding MFP in the list of Fitbit integrated apps. What’s happening? When will it be back? Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish this had been the first post in my forum search. The first one recommended disconnecting and reconnecting which I did before seeing this. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi has there been any further update?

Many thanja

Best Answer
0 Votes

The MFP server is currently down so it's just a case of waiting patiently until it's back online and up and running again. It's worth keeping an eye on the the MFP Website  for further updates from their tech team.

Tony | UK

Ionic, Versa 2, Charge 3 SE, Aria 2, Flyer, Note 9, Android 8.1, Windows 10

Best Answer

Then it would be time to reach out to MFP. 

They are responsible for their link up to Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes