Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal Syncing Issues (06/03/19) - SOLVED

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UPDATE 06/11/2019

Hello everyone!

Thank you all for sharing your details and experiences with MFP.

I'd like to share some wording on the latest update posted by MFP. You can click here to see their full statement.

"It's possible you have an expired access token.  This means that the authentication between MyFitnessPal and Fitbit has expired, and you need to re-authenticate using your Fitbit credentials for sync to resume.  This is not directly related to this incident, but is a top reason why some members do not see data sync.  However, it should be easy to fix if you follow the exact steps outlined below.  Once re-authenticated, sync will resume from the date of relink forward; Past data will not sync.

1. First, log into your Fitbit account at Fitbit.com.  
  2. Click the gear icon and choose Settings.  
  3. Once in your settings, select the Applications tab, and locate MyFitnessPal.  
  4. Once you find MyFitnessPal click Revoke access.  
  5. Once revoked, return to MyFitnessPal, and relink Fitbit."

I hope you find this useful. Let us know if there are any other questions on the matter.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE 06/06/19:

Hello everyone.

As it has been mentioned and shared already, the issue appears to have been resolved by MFP already and now they are waiting for the backlog of sync requests to be completed.

You can read about it by clicking here

Thank you all for your patience.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone!

We'd like to let you all know that we are aware of a syncing issue between Fitbit and MyFitnessPal (MFP) that has been going on since June 3rd. MFP is aware of this and they are investigating the issue. You can see what they have to say about the whole situation by clicking here.

Below you can see an extract of what MFP has said:

"Our team continues to investigate to isolate the root cause of the issue. At this time some users will see no data syncing, while some may see some data syncing sporadically.  We are working on resolving this for all members."

For the time being we do not recommend disconnecting and reconnecting the apps. We recommend waiting for MFP to identify a solution.

We'll keep you all updated on this as it develops.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
176 REPLIES 176

Thank you or notifying the community! It looks like the syncing issues is resolved? Though over the past few days, not all data was synced.

Best Answer

It is working okay. Info from the charge 3 is going onto the app, but nothing is coming to or from My fitness pal. I logged exercise and meals, and water in MFP, but it is not showing up on the fitbit app. This has been for 2 days. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both programs. No help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having the same problem, but MyFitnessPal has a message on their support pages saying they are working on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes this is a known issue. I have moved you into the main thread so you will receive updates. 

It is explained in the OP

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone.

I'm posting this in here to make sure that users that jump to the new page can see it. 

MyFitnessPal is aware of this situation and they are investigating. As soon as they post any updates or find a solution we will be posting in here too.

For the time being please do not disconnect your MFP and Fitbit accounts.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. Hopefully MFP will have a solution ready soon.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Just to update everyone, I'm now syncing in both directions now so it appears to be up and running again now, lets see how it goes. 

Tony | UK

Ionic, Versa 2, Charge 3 SE, Aria 2, Flyer, Note 9, Android 8.1, Windows 10

Best Answer

I’m still not syncing at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems to be syncing both ways for me right now.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I've exchanged 2.5 days worth of data between both Apps and had to delete quick calories which I added to the Fitbit App but it appears to have stalled again for the moment.

Tony | UK

Ionic, Versa 2, Charge 3 SE, Aria 2, Flyer, Note 9, Android 8.1, Windows 10

Best Answer
0 Votes

cheers for the info, thought it was me not doing the set up right!

Best Answer

It's been 2 days.  Aren't there any updates yet?  I need my Fitbit to sync with My Fitness Pal!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems like there is some movement. I have Exercise "Fitbit Tracker Calorie Adjustment" data appearing for the past few days, just not Today... yet.  I am currently located over the Dateline though and so MFP=Fitbit might consider my data logged for "Tomorrow"... ? This wasn't a problem last week, so I expect this will get sorted too before too long.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank YouSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem syncing with Healthy Wage. Is it possible that the issues are the same? I've had Healthy Wage syncing with my Health (Apple) app, but I just got a Fitbit Inspire HR and would much rather use it. But when I try to sync, after selecting that I will allow all access, I get a message saying "Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid." I tried using Firefox, but it just timed out.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Apparently it's a problem with the Fitbit network.   They need to get it fixed soon.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@harley2016 - Nope. Not a problem with the Fitbit network. It is a problem with MFP. Please tap here for the latest news released by MFP a couple hours ago. Fitbit tries to cooperate with these third party apps but it is up to those companies to maintain their apps. 

Best Answer
But why can’t I see the MyFitnessPal app in the app selection on Fitbit? I
disconnected to before reading the links indicating not to so that but now
I don’t even see it in the list of apps. Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

MyFitnessPal has posted that they have implemented a fix for the syncing issue and that people are starting to see their data sync. I wish that I could say that I have seen any indication that this is the case, I have not.

Best Answer

Saturday afternoon in the UK & myfitnesspal (android O) still not synching to fitbit. Horrified that something I rely on is so broken. Have started to google alternatives in desperation!

Best Answer
0 Votes