Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal Syncing Issues (06/03/19) - SOLVED

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UPDATE 06/11/2019

Hello everyone!

Thank you all for sharing your details and experiences with MFP.

I'd like to share some wording on the latest update posted by MFP. You can click here to see their full statement.

"It's possible you have an expired access token.  This means that the authentication between MyFitnessPal and Fitbit has expired, and you need to re-authenticate using your Fitbit credentials for sync to resume.  This is not directly related to this incident, but is a top reason why some members do not see data sync.  However, it should be easy to fix if you follow the exact steps outlined below.  Once re-authenticated, sync will resume from the date of relink forward; Past data will not sync.

1. First, log into your Fitbit account at Fitbit.com.  
  2. Click the gear icon and choose Settings.  
  3. Once in your settings, select the Applications tab, and locate MyFitnessPal.  
  4. Once you find MyFitnessPal click Revoke access.  
  5. Once revoked, return to MyFitnessPal, and relink Fitbit."

I hope you find this useful. Let us know if there are any other questions on the matter.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE 06/06/19:

Hello everyone.

As it has been mentioned and shared already, the issue appears to have been resolved by MFP already and now they are waiting for the backlog of sync requests to be completed.

You can read about it by clicking here

Thank you all for your patience.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone!

We'd like to let you all know that we are aware of a syncing issue between Fitbit and MyFitnessPal (MFP) that has been going on since June 3rd. MFP is aware of this and they are investigating the issue. You can see what they have to say about the whole situation by clicking here.

Below you can see an extract of what MFP has said:

"Our team continues to investigate to isolate the root cause of the issue. At this time some users will see no data syncing, while some may see some data syncing sporadically.  We are working on resolving this for all members."

For the time being we do not recommend disconnecting and reconnecting the apps. We recommend waiting for MFP to identify a solution.

We'll keep you all updated on this as it develops.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
176 REPLIES 176

past data won't sync?

the whole week is gone?

the date is right there in both apps,

why can't they sync those 7 days??

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great Question Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are still having issues I suggest contacting MFP. Since they are responsible for their link up to Fitbit. 

Best Answer
Best Answer

Up until about a week ago it’s had worked fine, then all of a sudden nothing between the two, help??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @plenny . There is a problem with syncing and MFP is working on a solution. You can check out this thread for more information. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The above apps are not syncing together 

I have been entering food on my fitness pal And not showing on fitbit also exercise not showing on my fitness pal since end of May I have checked settings and it says the are connected still 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a fitbit one and uipgraded to fibit inspireHR.  Have been interfacing MyFitnessPal software with my fitbit one and since upgrading the two will not talk to each other.  HELP!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitness pal has NOT been syncing with my Fitbit app? Anyone else having this issue? How can I fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unless the method I used to get it syncing again also issues a new access token, then MFP is just pointing fingers with that how-to for fixing it.

All I did was open MyFitnessPal on desktop, click Apps, select the Fitbit Tracker app, disconnect the app, reconnect the app. No need to swap from Fitbit to MFP, and no dealing with their quite buggy mobile app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Belle79 - this has been discussed extensively in the Community Forums. You can search the forums to find the threads. But in summary the issue is this - MFP is a third party app. It was NOT developed by Fitbit. If you are experiencing a problem, you need to contact MFP. 

Here is their latest announcement. Here is the info on how to contact MFP.

Here is a link to the main conversation regarding MFP. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You will have to contact MyFitnessPal since this app was developed by them ... not by Fitbit. 

Here is the info on how to contact MFP.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Rvested

MFP has been having problems. Here is their latest announcement. Here is the info on how to contact MFP.  Since MFP was not developed by Fitbit, you will have to contact MFP for help in resolving the problem. 

Best Answer

My Fitbit steps are no longer reflected in MyFitnessPal.  Have tried logging off both apps, turning off my smartphone, nothing seems to make it reflect the steps.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @KMRV . I’m moving your post to the Discussion thread regarding MFP and all the problems they have been having. 

Best Answer

@KMRV as MFP has requested, please contact them if you are still having issues. 

See @SunsetRunner post above yours. 

Best Answer

I am unable to find the app settings within fitbit.com? And y help please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Broony74 - According to the Fitbit Help pages, you get to the setting by logging in to the MFP app or website. You cannot get to them from Fitbit.com. 

Best Answer
Hi, thanks for your reply. I had to revoke mfp from fitbit app settings however even after doing this mfp was still showing connected. I emailed Mfp and they've sorted it. Thanks.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

@Broony74 happy to hear that your issue was resolved by MFP support. Could you share the steps you followed as this information will benefit other members in the community. 

Also for everyone else if you are having issues please try the suggestions @SunsetRunner have graciously shared with all of us. If you still are having issues then feel free to contact MFP support.

Keep me posted.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer