Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal Syncing Issues (06/03/19) - SOLVED

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

UPDATE 06/11/2019

Hello everyone!

Thank you all for sharing your details and experiences with MFP.

I'd like to share some wording on the latest update posted by MFP. You can click here to see their full statement.

"It's possible you have an expired access token.  This means that the authentication between MyFitnessPal and Fitbit has expired, and you need to re-authenticate using your Fitbit credentials for sync to resume.  This is not directly related to this incident, but is a top reason why some members do not see data sync.  However, it should be easy to fix if you follow the exact steps outlined below.  Once re-authenticated, sync will resume from the date of relink forward; Past data will not sync.

1. First, log into your Fitbit account at Fitbit.com.  
  2. Click the gear icon and choose Settings.  
  3. Once in your settings, select the Applications tab, and locate MyFitnessPal.  
  4. Once you find MyFitnessPal click Revoke access.  
  5. Once revoked, return to MyFitnessPal, and relink Fitbit."

I hope you find this useful. Let us know if there are any other questions on the matter.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

UPDATE 06/06/19:

Hello everyone.

As it has been mentioned and shared already, the issue appears to have been resolved by MFP already and now they are waiting for the backlog of sync requests to be completed.

You can read about it by clicking here

Thank you all for your patience.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone!

We'd like to let you all know that we are aware of a syncing issue between Fitbit and MyFitnessPal (MFP) that has been going on since June 3rd. MFP is aware of this and they are investigating the issue. You can see what they have to say about the whole situation by clicking here.

Below you can see an extract of what MFP has said:

"Our team continues to investigate to isolate the root cause of the issue. At this time some users will see no data syncing, while some may see some data syncing sporadically.  We are working on resolving this for all members."

For the time being we do not recommend disconnecting and reconnecting the apps. We recommend waiting for MFP to identify a solution.

We'll keep you all updated on this as it develops.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
176 REPLIES 176

Hello!

I tried this and it still didn't work.  It says "Another MFP account has already been linked to this Fitbit account. Only one account may be linked at once."

I don't have another MFP account, so I am confused.  Should I wait it out while they work on these issues or is there a number to call?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Hello @jldiek08 

I see one of two choices. 

Choice 1: is to go to your connected apps and revoke access to MFP, this will disconnect your second MFP account from your Fitbit account. 

Choice 2: contact MFP and ask them about your second account if you want to get more info about this account 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks so much!! I think I just needed to give it time to process. I
tried it again after an hour and all seems good!!
Best Answer

Hi,

I am continuing to have this problem and have done since the start of June - the two not syncing.

I try to go to Revoke Access on a PC Web browser, I press it & it says its removed the access, and MFP disappears from the list - however when I go back to Dashboard and then back to the Apps section of Settings, the access is still there. I repeat for up to an hour or until I get utterly frustrated and give up.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you go back, do you do a refresh? 

Simply hitting the back button should not refresh the page. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, I dont use the back button - I press on the dashboard button, then hover on gears, settings, apps. Bang - there it is. Back again. I have even logged out, logged back in. changed my password in between.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi. That repeatedly happened to me so I contacted MFP and they sorted it from their end. Hope this helps.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, yeah all of this was done. Followed instructions all the way through process. I then contacted MFP and they sorted the problem from their end. Thanks.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

I am still experiencing this issue.

I have tried revoking access etc and clearing cache before trying to link but it isn't working! It is making logging data very frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. @EmilynCats the initial problem this thread was about has been fixed by MFP, they suggested if a user I still having issues to contact MFP. 

The best we or Fitbit can suggest is to revoke and reconnect. The next step is to contact MFP since they own this link up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is most definitely not solved... done the above "solution" twice and it still doesn't work. This used to work fine - now I've spent money on my new Versa it doesn't work...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ms_fixit as mentioned. This is the only thing that can be suggested on fitbit's side. Since MFP is respond able for their link up to fitbit the next step would be to contact them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I am unable to unlink my fitbit from MFP - it says disconnect, but everytime I press on it, it just throws me back to the main menu and doesnt unlink it.  I am stuck with them both linked together and not syncing - it is really frustrating!

Thanks 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How/where did you contact MFP?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @karrowsm and welcome to the forums. Here is the link to contact MFP customer service:

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/contact-us

Best Answer
0 Votes

See the accepted solution, which will explain that MFP is aware and looking into getting this issue resolved 

Best Answer

My Fitbit is still not syncing to MyFitnessPal.  

Best Answer
0 Votes