Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal and Fitbit Sync Delays and Interruptions

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 7/3/2018: MFP has reported the sync issue is resolved as of today. Thanks very much for your patience and reports. If you are still experiencing issues, we recommend checking out the troubleshoots mentioned here.

Update 6/29/2018: MyFitnessPal has updated the progress of this issue and they are expecting these delays to continue through this weekend and into next week and do not recommend unlinking and relinking the integrations at this time.  

________________________________________________________________________________

Update 6/27/2018: New details has been posted from behalf of MyFitnessPal staff. While this issue is under investigation they recommend to not unlink and relink the integration at the moment.

Since this is an interruption at the moment to sync, all Fitbit data for the day may be lost.

Please Note: MFP does not recommend unlinking and relinking the integration at this time.

For More details visit: Fitbit Sync Delays and Interruptions

_________________________________________________________________________________

Update 6/25/2018: We are aware of issues with the MyFitnessPal and Fitbit integration. My FitnessPal is currently investigating this issue and we appreciate all your patience while we received more information.

You can follow their progress here. We will also update this thread as we hear further. Thanks for your reports. 

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
85 REPLIES 85

Still no syncing here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not syncing here either unless I disconnect then reconnect and sync. Having to do that to force a sync every time is annoying.

Best Answer

Tried that. And yes, annoying. You should not have to force sync. It defeats the purpose of the apps. It’s lije manually logging all of the time. 

Best Answer

Mine has not been syncing the past few days. To force sync I have to disconnect fitbit from mfp and then reconnect them, but I have to do this EVERY time I want my steps to sync to MFP. 

Best Answer

This is not even working for me.  It's like the app is dead.  I have tried resetting, uninstalling, all the guidance suggested and nothing is working.  I have about had it with this app.  I wonder if it's a scam to get me to pay for premium

Best Answer

My fitbit and my fitness pal stopped working on Friday.  I have followed the guides. I have restarted, disconnected, checked my settings for firmware updates and reinstalled the app with no luck. When is the issue going to be resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes
That’s a thought. I wonder if people with premium are having the same issue???
Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s what I was thinking too. It seems like it only does a forced sync and then stops. Hoping the moderator comments on that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No as I have premium - well the free trial of it !! Sooo frustrating ...

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Information

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have premium as well. 

They’re supposedly working on it:

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2945305-fitbit-sync-delays-and-interruptions

Best Answer

I have premium and having sme sync problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I know I reported that MFP was syncing steps / exercise for me yesterday. But it's back down again today - not syncing steps at all, though it's syncing food/water. 

It's frustrating, but I guess I'll just rely on Fitbit's calorie counts for the time being. 

Best Answer

My hubby has premium, and his stopped syncing for the first time yesterday. 

Update:

I do Nutrisystem, and all of my activity from Fitbit is syncing fine to my NuMi app, and from MFP TO Fitbit. So I’m pretty sure it’s MFP’s glitch. Maybe it’s taking so long because they will be rolling out a better update. 

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

I have the same problem. My flex 2 will not sync with the app. I have restarted my phone with no success. Help, please!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same happened with my brand new versa yesterday. It syncs steps, calories and floors, but not sleep and exercise. I hope they fix it soon, or I will turn back my versa abd pick samsung gear instead.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there again MyFitnessPal fellows. I was reviewing your post that and my apologies since you have been experiencing intermittently syncing issues with MFP and with your Fitbit app.

In this case as @Mayoi kindly shared before, this is an issue that is already under review by the team of MFP. Rest assured this will be resolved in no time, so you can keep the track of your calories.

MFP2.JPG

Since this is an issue from MFP's end, there is not to much I can offer as additional help, nonetheless we are giving follow up in case we can bring some support to this scenario.

See you all around and if new information is received, I will be visiting you again.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Im having the same problem. I tried restarting my phone,  i uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Nothing is working and nothing will sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also had this problem.  I eventually restarted my fitbit and have been able to sync since then.  My battery had gotten really low and the device needed to be restarted to allow this to sync.  I had already uninstalled and reinstalled the app, shut my phone off and restarted, checked all the settings on the phone also.  I hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just started working again. Let’s pray it’s fixed 🙏🏼

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic quit syncing across to MFP early Sunday morning and nothing since... 

Would be nice for it to work like it's supposed to...

Best Answer
0 Votes