Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal and Fitbit Sync Delays and Interruptions

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 7/3/2018: MFP has reported the sync issue is resolved as of today. Thanks very much for your patience and reports. If you are still experiencing issues, we recommend checking out the troubleshoots mentioned here.

Update 6/29/2018: MyFitnessPal has updated the progress of this issue and they are expecting these delays to continue through this weekend and into next week and do not recommend unlinking and relinking the integrations at this time.  

________________________________________________________________________________

Update 6/27/2018: New details has been posted from behalf of MyFitnessPal staff. While this issue is under investigation they recommend to not unlink and relink the integration at the moment.

Since this is an interruption at the moment to sync, all Fitbit data for the day may be lost.

Please Note: MFP does not recommend unlinking and relinking the integration at this time.

For More details visit: Fitbit Sync Delays and Interruptions

_________________________________________________________________________________

Update 6/25/2018: We are aware of issues with the MyFitnessPal and Fitbit integration. My FitnessPal is currently investigating this issue and we appreciate all your patience while we received more information.

You can follow their progress here. We will also update this thread as we hear further. Thanks for your reports. 

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
85 REPLIES 85

Stopped snycing again yesterday afternoon. MFP says they’re working on it I hope they do more than just make it start syncing again. They need to figure out why this is happening so frequently and fix that problem. 

Best Answer

Agreed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem. I’ve already messaged MFP, and tried all of their solutions. Please help.

Best Answer

They have been aware of it. It’s  a hurry up and wait for them to fix it. Nothing we can do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, me & my partner have both had issues today - it was working fine yesterday. Hopefully MFP will fix it, considering how many people use both appsl. I'm really glad to know that it wasn't just us, as we are recent FitBit users (yay!).

Best Answer
It’s weird that they’ve been having so many issues lately...did they make a major program change or something?
Best Answer

Yes I wonder. Not on a thread with MFP...is anyone else talking with them?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been searching their boards, reporting the issue, sending emails notifying them of my ongoing syncing issues, etc. They had marked the situation as fixed in this thread last Saturday. Then they started a new thread here on Friday. Nothing since then. I encourage everyone to contact them. Or at least follow these threads.

Best Answer

My husband's and mine stopped syncing yesterday.  Super frustrating!! 

Best Answer

It has to be a problem on MFP's side...but even so, I sure wish Fitbit would reach out to them. My guess is that it had to do with all of the recent updates?

Best Answer

Zero syncing today. Some yesterday. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, the problem is on MFP side and they are working to fix it.

Best Answer

Yep.  Had this issue the other week.  Tried ALL the workarounds and checked everything to the letter.  None of it worked but it randomly started syncing again the next day.  Now i’m on my second day of not syncing.

Data flows just fine the other way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing is syncing for me.  I've tried disconnecting access and relinking several times as this has worked for me before in the past, but  not anymore.

Best Answer

Mine also stopped working on Saturday.  I tried all the remedies and it updated one time and that was it.  MFP will not sync steps from Fitbit.  But MFP food does sync back to Fitbit.  I haven't had any issues like this for over a year. 

It appears with all the recent updates, MFP has screwed something up again.  Really frustrating to have to deal with this again like what happened over a year ago. 

Best Answer

It’s not on our end. Just have to wait for MFP to fix it. Didn’t sync one bit for me yesterday. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me; several days now ( today is 25th June 2018). This has happened several times before and nothing appears to correct it until MFP or Fitbit sort it out their end ( I never know which is at fault) - hugely irritating however. 

Best Answer

Yes, seems to be a pretty recent problem. I had no issues the weeks leading up to this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: 

As of 10:30 EST, seems My Fitness Pal is now counting my exercise calories again (which means steps, because that's all I've done today). Happy day! 

Best Answer

@CraftyWitch wrote:

Update: 

As of 10:30 EST, seems My Fitness Pal is now counting my exercise calories again (which means steps, because that's all I've done today). Happy day! 

Lucky you! Mine is still not syncing!

Best Answer