Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal and Fitbit Sync Delays and Interruptions

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 7/3/2018: MFP has reported the sync issue is resolved as of today. Thanks very much for your patience and reports. If you are still experiencing issues, we recommend checking out the troubleshoots mentioned here.

Update 6/29/2018: MyFitnessPal has updated the progress of this issue and they are expecting these delays to continue through this weekend and into next week and do not recommend unlinking and relinking the integrations at this time.  

________________________________________________________________________________

Update 6/27/2018: New details has been posted from behalf of MyFitnessPal staff. While this issue is under investigation they recommend to not unlink and relink the integration at the moment.

Since this is an interruption at the moment to sync, all Fitbit data for the day may be lost.

Please Note: MFP does not recommend unlinking and relinking the integration at this time.

For More details visit: Fitbit Sync Delays and Interruptions

_________________________________________________________________________________

Update 6/25/2018: We are aware of issues with the MyFitnessPal and Fitbit integration. My FitnessPal is currently investigating this issue and we appreciate all your patience while we received more information.

You can follow their progress here. We will also update this thread as we hear further. Thanks for your reports. 

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
85 REPLIES 85

June 27th, still no sync Woman Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

After disconnecting and reconnecting, mine synched a couple times yesterday, doesn't want to synch on its own now though...

Also, anyone else notice MFP isn't logging exercise/workouts like it used to?  I noticed this after the last software update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there MyFitnessPal friends, thank you for your great patience while this is being worked out. There is an update from MyFitnessPal team that I would like to share with you:

MFP2.JPG

@Sk00t thank you for bringing to o our attention, could your provide more details regarding this. It is possible the issue is related to the same delay happening with the integration of MFP and Fitbit, however it will be worth to review this.

See you later and I will keep you posted if new details arise.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertoME

Thanks for the update.  I did have Sunday and Monday's data not synch to MFP, although it appears to be back to synching from Tuesday up till now, just seems like it takes a while...

with regard to workout logging on MFP, I went back a few weeks and compared fitbit data vs MFP and there does not seem to be a huge discrepancy between the two.

Even though the data appears good, my general observation is that the interface between the watch, fitbit on android app, and MFP got clunkier/slower and more unstable after the latest couple firmware updates on the watch.  Also, heart rate monitor on the watch got even more inconsistent for me.

Best Answer

Hello @Sk00t, thank you for keep reporting this issue and for letting me know the calories looks like they are not reporting a great discrepancy. Also I appreciate the feedback about the watch is getting clunkier with the latest firmware updates.

If you are seeing issues with the heart rate, this post is not directly related to issues with watch and trackers, but I can recommend the following help article: 

Back to the main topic, MyFitnessPal has reported the issues probably will continue throughout this weekend until the next week. 

Don't forget by any means try to resolve this issue by unlinking and relinking your accounts. MFP team is working hard to resolved this. More details can be found here.

See you all around and I will keep you informed of any new update.

Best Answer

Hi Everyone - MFP has reported the sync issue is resolved as of today. Thanks very much for your patience and reports. If you are still experiencing issues, we recommend checking out the troubleshoots mentioned here. Since this issue is resolved, I'll be closing it for further reports. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer