Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyFitnessPal food only showing "summary" on Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I'm more than a bit upset with the food tracking between the two apps. Fitbit doesn't have a "favorites" but MyFitnessPal does. Fitbit doesn't allow me to plug in a box of this, or a can of that, and then say this makes X servings, and adjust the calories accordingly (a "recipe), but MFP does. So if I make my own meatloaf, I don't want to have to search "meatloaf" in Fitbit, only for it to pull up some store/restaurant brand that is not acurately reflecting the ingredients I use! So I'm forced to use MFP to create my "recipe", but then the sync to Fitbit only lists a "summary" (say I have meatloaf, potatoes, and veggies...do I see that in Fitbit? Nope...just "summary" Useless!)

I read on MFP that all exercise and food should be entered on MFP and then it gets synced to Fitbit. But I happen to like the Fitbit website for how it displays the breakdown (it lists fiber, but MFP doesn't) - wish the app looked the same as the site tho. I also prefer to use Fitbit for all of my tracking on one page. However, my BIGGEST PROBLEM with syncing the two, is that Fitbit says "summary" and then a total calorie number. Because I like using Fitbit vs MFP for my snapshot view, this pisses me off because it doesn't tell me what the food is that I ate...just says "summary". Granted, it breaks down the macros, but it would be nice to be able to look at Fitbit and see the exact same food items without having to log in to a separate site. Isn't that the point of "syncing"?!

Any tips on this?

Update: I apologize for the rant. After writing all of this I found a way on MFP to include "fiber" instead of its default "sugar". But, I still prefer the feel of the Fitbit site and App over MFP.

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

@Mark_Da_Shizark Welcome to the Community! I truly appreciate your feedback about the integration between Fitbit and MyFitnessPal. Also, it's great to hear that you found a solution regarding the fiber instead of sugar. Currently, there's no option to actually display the food that you have logged on MFP it will show just as summary in Fitbit.

The option to actually being able to see the food logged would be great. I was checking the Feature Request and I couldn't find any idea about it. You may want to post it there because those suggestions are viewed by our engineers and developers and the best of this is that people can vote for them. 

Hopefully there's gonna be an improvement on this integration Robot Happy

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer