Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myfitnesspal and fitbit integration overestimating calories spent?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, This is my first day using my fitbit properly. I went to the gym today for about 40mins, and throughout the day i’ve walked 7317 steps. My goal on myfitnesspal is 1910kcal a day in order to lose 2lbs a week. Now that i have linked my fitbit to the myfitnesspal app it is saying I have spent 2094kcal, i have eaten 1852kcal but it is saying I have 2152kcal remaining. And that through a short 40min gym sesh and some walking that i have burned 2094kcal today.

So how can this be possible? Surely my fitbit is vastly overestimating my calories spent? What do you guys think? Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi, @Fitchy93! That definitely sounds way too high. I would check out what exercises you're getting on mfp. The way things work with the Fitbit link, the only thing that should be getting sent over is the steps, and you definitely shouldn't be getting 2000+ calories for 7000 steps. I would also take a peek at your stats in mfp (height, weight, etc), to make sure they're right. However, the issue is probably on the mfp end, since Fitbit only sends over steps and mfp calculates calories based on that.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes