Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myfitnesspal doesn't sync all steps from previous days

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently noticed that if I don't open MyfitnessPal and the Fitbit app on my phone then MFP won't sync all the steps. The past few days I've been at a festival so not using my phone a lot and when I opened MFP to input my food for yesterday I noticed that I was missing around 3000 steps. Then I went back and I'm missing a couple thousand nearly every day. It is syncing today's steps perfectly fine so I wonder if it just can't update previous days? Never noticed it before but it's an issue obviously when I'd like to be able to use both apps to its full capacity. Anyone else experienced this? 

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @anitabenko, it's nice to have you here in the Fitbit Community. Certainly this is something new, MFP and Fitbit should sync instantaneously. There may be an occasional 3-5 minute delay in some scenarios. Although if your tracker is not updating the data on your Fitbit account, it cold be possible that MFP does not take the information from previous days. Different from your Fitbit tracker that can store data for previous days.

If the issue persists make sure your tracker is syncing successfully with your Fitbit app, if this is not the reason of the issue try to revoke the access to restart the integration between Fitbit and MFP. If you need more help, this post will guide you through.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I just experience this myself. Myfitnesspal says 7000 steps and fitbit says 11000. It appears that you need to open both apps and allow them to sync before midnight.

Best Answer
0 Votes