Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myfitnesspal weight log doesn't sync to fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i've entered my weight into myfitnesspal and it doesn't sync to fitbit.  the food intake syncs from MFP to fitbit so they are connected.  how do i fix.

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

Hello @dmbnz, nice to have you as a new member of the Fitbit Community! My apologies for the late response.

I'm wondering if this is happening on a daily basis or is limited to a few occasions. A few weeks ago MFP informed there were going to run a maintenance on their site, which provoke some syncing troubles. Nonetheless, this was completed already and all should be working fine.

In case the issue persists, I recommend to reconnect your accounts again. Use this post for more help.

See you later and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Roberto- I have also been having the same problem syncing weight (although food/cals seem to sync just fine). I have followed all instructions for de-linking and re-linking the MFP app with the Fitbit app, and still no change.  This has been a consistent/persistent problem for months... any new solutions on this?

Best Answer

I have exactly the same issue. Syncing of calorie intake to Fitbit works, calories burnt also syncs to MFP but weight syncing is ignored. My desire is for MFP to sync weight to Fitbit.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

Weight is not syncing for me either.  It stopped about a week ago.

Best Answer

Mine stopped on April 15.  This occurred once before a few months ago and it ‘foxed Itself’ after about 10 days.  I do think there was an update that corrected it.  Hopefully this too will be resolved soon.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Christaruz and @Jacmo24.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Thanks for sharing that you are experiencing this same issue.

In this case I'd like to ask you both to disconnect the two apps from each other and then connect them again. You can click here to find steps on how to do it.  That should help so that they start syncing correctly. Please do keep i mind that the data will not sync retroactively, meaning that data that has not synced from previous days will not sync once they are connected again.

Please keep me posted on how it goes or if you have any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue since April 13th. Tried everything, nothing works. All sync to Fitbit from myfitnesspal but the weight! Please fix this!

Best Answer

Weight stopped syncing on 4/15/19 with MFP.  MFP gets data from Fitbit.  Disconnected and reconnected several times.  What is causing this?

Best Answer

Hello @anotherhoward. Welcome to the Forums @Pelleran.

Thanks for trying to disconnect and reconnect the apps in the way I recommended.

In this case I'd like for you to get in touch with MyFitnessPal directly. Given that the third parties are the ones that handle this integration, they should be able to take a closer look at what is going on.

Let me know if there are any other questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still have the issue. Has anyone figured out a solution? This is very annoying!!! One reason I liked Fitbit is that I can have all my data in one app. But this does not seem to be true anymore! Please help me fix this issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Pelleran.

Thanks for posting in the Forums.

As I mentioned above, weight doesn't sync over from MFP to Fitbit. Keeping in mind that these integrations are handled by the third parties themselves, I'm sure that reaching out to MFP directly as I indicated above would be a great idea.

Let me know if there are any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone taken this up with MyfitnessPal? I can't find anything over there. Just noticed my weight hasn't synchronised since 01/05/19, but steps have!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an open ticket now. Will keep you posted. Nothing solved for now. 

Best Answer
Thanks 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @TeaKayB and @Pelleran.

Thanks for sharing that you have spoken with MFP @Pelleran@TeaKayB Thanks for sharing those details.

@TeaKayB Did you try to disconnect the apps and then connect them again as it was discussed above?

@Pelleran Please do keep us posted on what MFP has to say about this situation.

Let me know if there are any other questions on the matter.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes.

Virus-free.
www.avast.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer

Ok, after searching more and more and not getting anything useful out of myfitnesspal, I figured out this:

if you go to:

https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings

you can actually link the withings scale directly to fitbit account and also re-download any data that you lost. I just did it and it seems to work, I can see my past weight. Not sure if I will get the new measurements, will check this later today.

Why was this solution not known by fitbit customer service? It seems to me some sort of back-door way to link the accounts...

Best Answer

Hello @Pelleran and @TeaKayB.

@Pelleran Thanks for sharing your findings.  I'm sure that other users will definitely find it useful.

Unfortunately you did not mention anything about a Withings in your posts in here, so we couldn't have known to suggest that option. Glad to know that you did find something that helped out for you!

Please feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes