Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Myfitnesspal weight log doesn't sync to fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i've entered my weight into myfitnesspal and it doesn't sync to fitbit.  the food intake syncs from MFP to fitbit so they are connected.  how do i fix.

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

So if I read this thread correctly.

Weight used to synch from MFP to FitBit.

It suddenly stopped working.

The original solution was to disconnect and reconnect.

After a significant amount of time it's discovered that they are not supposed to synch because someone "fixed" the integration.

And the only solution now is to use a 3rd party scale app to synch the data?

Are they ever planning to make this work properly? Not synching weight seems like a HUGE feature miss because I would guess nearly everyone using these apps is tracking their weight.

NOTE: I just got my new FitBit yesterday and it doesn't synch. I've already tried connecting and reconnected the apps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The issue was syncing weight between the fitbit app and the Withing scale. I could not find any way of linking the two together directly and so what I was doing is: linking the Withing scale to myfitnesspal and then syncing myfitnesspal data to fitbit. However, it seems that myfitnesspal stopped sending out data it receives from other app to external apps, in other words it would only sync to other app data that is generated within myfitnesspal, but not anything received from other apps. So this trick of using myfitnesspal as a "bridge" between Withing and Fitbit stopped working. So the solution in this forum is actually a way to link fitbit to Withing app (Healthmate) directly.

My advice is that if you are getting the weight in myfitnesspal from another app, you need to link that app with fitbit app directly. Myfitnesspal won't pass that over anymore. If the weight is manually entered in myfitnesspal app, it should sync to fitbit app directly.

Best Answer

Thank you for explaining why the weight data wasn't transferring from MFP. I can't find a way to directly link my Withing scale to Fitbit. Am I missing something on the Health Mate app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the link i used to link the scale to fitbit account:

https://www.fitbit.com/weight/withings

However the link does not work anymore!

I think fitbit team should address this one...

Best Answer

Actually, now that I looked at, my weight has not been syncing with fitbit app from my scale since last Monday.

TO FITBIT ADMIN: what was changed? Why is this now broken again?

Best Answer

Ok link is back on line! I unlinked and re linked my Withings account and now weight is syncing again. Thanks Fitbit for fixing this again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes