Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help understading the app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I have a fitbit flex on order due tomorrow so I have been using the app the last 3 days. Now I am guessing it is working out my calorie burn via the data I entered and BMR.

What I dont get it how the data should be read.

Last two days I have been up at the turn of midnight and the fitbit app increases my calories burned from say 1600 to 2600 at the stroke of midnight and it has done this each day but my BMR is not 2600.

My app now shows:

1573 Calories burned of 2,500 (2500 being my goal)

1199 in / 1573 out

Food 78 calories over

It is 8pm UK time and I have just completed an 11km run at 900 calories and entered this in MFP, it is showing in Fitbit as an activity but there is no way my calories burned at 8pm with a 900 calorie run is only 1573.

Also how am I 78 calories over. This makes no sense to me.

One other thing my run did not register any steps on the app as I didnt enter them, I have not entered any steps since having the app but my score under friends is 18185, what is this?

Something, in fact all of the data it is giving me apart from the calories linked from MFP seems bogus?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I still do not understand this app which I am currently using without a fitbit device as that is in the post.

June 3 Calories burned 2600, 875 in / 2600 out. Food plan is -1000 per day but it tells me I had 111 calories left. I calculate it to be 725 calories left (2600 calories burned - 1000 undereat goal less what I ate 875 = 725 calories I could eat. In fact whilst having the app open calories left changed to 108

June 4 calories burned 2,586, 1,199 in / 2586 out. same food plan but it tells me I was 216 calories over. where as I calculate it to be 387  left. 2,586 (my calorie burn goal - 1000 my calorie undereat goal - 1,199 what i ate. just gone back to this day on the app and calories over has changed to 220.

Today 11pm 1,889 calories burned, 1,084 in / 1,889 out and 102 calories over which is increasing as I watch it. I imagine that at the stroke of midnight the calories burned will jump to near 2,600 like the previous nights.

Have I got it all wrong, ill it sort it self out when I start using my Flex?

I know these things are never 100% accurate but if my calcs are right the program is soo far out it is bordering on useless.

Why does previous days data keep running when the day is over?

Thanks for any help and assistance

Best Answer
0 Votes