Orange Theory integration with Fitbit

Would love to see full integration of data from OTF with FitBit. Especially interested in tracking steps for rowing.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

24 Comments
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@kaybee8888 have you thought about asking ORG to integrate with Fitbits API? This integration is something fitbit leaves up to the 3rd party app, fitbit provides the tools. 

Kcat614
First Steps
Would like to see OTF in the drop down menu under "Log Activity"
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

When the OTF company decides to do this, they can contact Fitbit.. as it's up to the other companies to decide, not Fitbit. Cat Embarassed

Feel free to contact OTF:

http://www.orangetheoryfitness.com/Contact-Us

Kcat614
First Steps

It was be easy for FitBit to just add "Orange Theory Fitness" in their drop down menu under "Track Exercise/Log/Choose Activity"  Pilates is already there for example.  

@kaybee8888 wrote:

Would love to see full integration of data from OTF with FitBit. Especially interested in tracking steps for rowing.

Moderator edit: Labels. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

It might be easy for fitbit to do, but if Orange Theory is not owned by Fitbit, there will be many legal repercussions. If your going to add the interface of a third party coompany, you simply can not do it without the blessing of the third party company.

This is one of the reasons Fitbit leaves the integration of third party apps up to the third party company. 

It is up to Orange Theory who owns the copyright and the idea to present their thoughts to fitbit. 

kaybee8888
Jogger

Thanks for the clarification on how this is typically approached as well as the suggestions for getting OTF involved! Submitted an idea on their contact us page this evening. 

Kcat614
First Steps
Thanks, I did the same as well with OTF!
Mabc
Jogger
I'm enjoying OTF in a way I never thought I would. I also very much appreciate my Fitbit! Bringing the two together would be awesome! I voted thumbs up and will also contact OTF.
afins25
First Steps

A friend of mine just joined OT and purchased the heart rate monito for 100.00 I use my Fitbit every day! Did they every come to an agreement that you can use the Fitbit? Maybe I can double the steps by wearing 2 lol

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Im still not sure what Orange Theory is, but ask them to go to Www.fitbit.com/apps it is there they  will find everything needed to connect to your Fitbit account. Depending on what info they want access to, tye might not even have to ask.

I never asked Fitbit and every night my script downloads the days data.

Jenhmiller
First Steps

Love OTF. Workout there 5x:week. Got my Fitbit Blaze for Christmas and just discovered it won't sync with OTF. Left a comment on OTF page and liked above. I don't think OTF will ever let folks use other than their device for class, but why not give us "credit" in Fitbit by a sync with their app.

vpg
First Steps

I work out at OrangeTheory Fitness (OTF). Every day I have to delete the cardio portion of my work out and manually enter my OTF workout results; I see a drop down for OTF in my activities. Not ideal but OK. That being said when my FitBit connects with MyCigna Apps & Activities the information "imported" from my FitBit to Cigna only reflects the cardio portion of the workout. Why wouldn't the activity I input be "imported"?

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

This would be a question to ask orange theory. Fitbit does not control what the want to use of your data @vpg

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. 

BethHouse
First Steps

Today in class my Orange Theory instructor mentioned that fitbit is partnering with Orange Theory for an all day wear HR monitor that works with the OT classes! I am so excited as an already committed fitbit Charge HR wearer who had to purchase another HR monitor for class. 

Can you give us any details? Or was this an insider thing that only the coaches heard about at the recent conference? 

Please say it's not a rumor and it will have a similar design as the current monitors (nothing crazy and orange).

RobertoME
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello there @BethHouse, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! I was reading your post and I understand you are eager to see this partnership happens. However, at the moment I cannot deny or confirm this information, since I haven't received any updates.

Nonetheless, I appreciate you have brought this to my attention and so far we do not know of any future partnership, additionally  we don't comment on future products.

If this is something in which you're interested, I would like to share with you the following feature suggestion, feel free to contribute with your vote and comments, it would be nice to have your support for this ideas.

Stay tuned to our Fitbit Community In case new updates arise.

MrSimmonsSr
Jogger

Would love to see an easy (not manual) way for the stats from my OTF workouts show up in the FitBit app/dashboard automatically. Thanks!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@MrSimmonsSr have you approached OTF. Fitbit has already provided the tools for them. 

LMayers
Jogger

Apple just announced integration with Orangetheory  This is huge as it eliminates the need to buy and wear a second tracker. Also, Fitbit currently does not track OT activity well. Rowing in particular is not well recognized. But integration could solve this. Fitbit should work to also pursue integration with OT. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

It sounds like OT has approached Apple or simply uses Apples API. 

Fitbit also has an API and an open invite encouraging others to partner up. OT does not need an invite from Fitbit, the invite went out years ago. 

If enough Fitbit users approached OT they may decide to make it happen. 

With only 65 votes this suggestion had not been well advertised. 

tristaner
Recovery Runner

How do you guys track rowing?  While in class, I will from time to time, just manually change the exercise on my tracker, from Elliptical (I do that vs. Treadmill) to weights.  But sometimes I forget.  

Do you use Workout, Boot Camp, or Interval?

vpg
First Steps
I don’t. I manually add OTF workouts
Tlniede
Recovery Runner

I simply add it as an aerobic activity after I leave each class 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about making an integration between Orange Theory and Fitbit with us. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly. Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.