Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to FitBit, settings for FITBIT and MFP? Getting lots of extra calories!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Should I change my settings on one or the other or does this sound right? My Fitness Pal has me as 160 Lb 30 yo Female looking to lose 1 lb a week. I have it set on sedentary, I'm an attorney but I walk back and forth from my court house around 1 block each way 2-3 times a day. My "calories allowed"  on sedentary is 1250. I have a 1.5 year old I play with and do general light housework (or nothing) in the evening. Wearing my fitbit has given me back more calories than I expected as I thought that was sort of calculated into my "sedentary" lifestyle. I move a little but i'm not going to the gym or exercising regularly. I don't mind having extra calories if its true I've earned them!

Should I unsync my fitbit from myfitness pal and just use the activity calculator in myfitnesspal for the occasions I really do get in an additional walk or exercise? I've seen a bit of discussion on here about changing the settings or allowing negative calorie adjustment. A little confused on that so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Chelsie9051, nice to have you here in the Fitbit Community! If you are using MyFitnessPal note that Fitbit does not send your activity to MyFitnessPal as a series of separate cardio exercises. Instead of this, it passes an adjustment of calories. To understand better this please take a look to the following article: What is the Calorie Adjustment in my Exercise Diary?

In your Fitbit account, the Food Plan's tools update based on your foods logged and activities recorded by your tracker. Your Fitbit tracker is always watching, so the more you exercise throughout the day, the greater your calorie allowance will be. For more in depth information about the Food plan tool, I believed the post kindly shared by @SebringDon will be very helpful. Take a moment to review this post: Fitbit's Food Plan Demystified.

Many users what they opt to do, is to leave exclusively MFP to log food and Fitbit to track exercise using the food plan intensity of your choice.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have other questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes