Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie Confused Calories deficit with MFP & Fitbit Plans?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Good Morning! 

I'm really confused, i've read a bunch of posts and now more confused! I'm in need of a simple answer for now to get me started. 

Background:

I have my fitbit set up for -1000 calorie deficiet (food plan hard), trying to lose weight but also trying to track and keep in check, calories, carbs & fats (i'm diabetic w/a stomach condition, so i'm a little weird on what i need to do to keep things in check)

Questions:

I use MFP to log the food, b/c of the larger database, not sure if i should be?

How do i get MFP to have same calorie deficiet as FitBit? (currently MFP when i close out the day says i'm UNDER calories and won't log, I eat some more and MFP will close out but then FitBit says I've taken in too much which is right!)... I want MFP to use the same calculations as Fitbit is

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey, @diannesz! Thanks for joining us! Cat Very Happy To prevent any double posting and the loss of active minutes, here are my tips on using MFP and Fitbit:

1. Weigh in everything with a Food Scale, this will give you the best and most accurate results.
  2. If you are manually logging food, log it only through MFP
  3. If you ever do a manual exercise log, do it only through Fitbit

Also, I recommend you to read this excellent and very detailed post to get more accurate caloric information using both accounts. 

Let me know if this helps! Man Very Happy

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hey, @diannesz! Thanks for joining us! Cat Very Happy To prevent any double posting and the loss of active minutes, here are my tips on using MFP and Fitbit:

1. Weigh in everything with a Food Scale, this will give you the best and most accurate results.
  2. If you are manually logging food, log it only through MFP
  3. If you ever do a manual exercise log, do it only through Fitbit

Also, I recommend you to read this excellent and very detailed post to get more accurate caloric information using both accounts. 

Let me know if this helps! Man Very Happy

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer