Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No distance data without Strava. No Calories data with Strava.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my new Chrage HR and I'am really enjoying the Fitbit experience.

I problem is as follows. Without Strava integration i cannot get any GPS or Distance information for my cycling workout, But when i have Strava integrated i get no calories data. Is there any way to get both distance and calories to sync?

Strava for me is more of a workaround to get the distance data into fitbit so if this can be done in Fitbit without any integration that would be excellent! I have my phone with me all the times and it has decent GPS. Could i use that to get the distance+GPS data into fitbit along with the data from my Charge HR?

With Strava integration:

Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 23.12.18.png

Without Strava integration:

Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 23.19.35.png

EDIT:

Charge HR does automaticly track "Outboor Bike", but if i want to manually start tracking within the app there is no option for outdoor biking. Only "Run" "Walk" and "Hike". Is this just a scheme to try and get me to buy the Surge/Blaze (no thank you i already have a watch) that has multisport tracking? Or is there a valid reason why i can't manually start tracking outdoor biking?

EDIT EDIT:

There seems to be something wierd going on with the distance tracked on the dashboard:

Screen Shot 2016-08-02 at 11.27.18.png

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Community @Jere-K

Thanks for providing the screenshots, when using strava the gps and hear rate data will not sync with fitbit, you can use mobile run in order to get your gps data. Regarding mobile run, you can only track hike, run and walk. 

SmartTrack recognizes continuous, high-movement activities such as:

1. Walking
  2. Running
  3. Outdoor biking
  4. Elliptical

You can find more information about SmartTrack on this article

Hope it helps!

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer