Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to choose master data source

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have noticed on a number of occasions now that after doing a run, after syncing my fitbit records x number of steps, but after a couple of hours I lose quite a number of steps. 

For example after finishing a run today I had 21573 steps, then after an hour my fitbit changed to 19533 steps. 

Speaking to support they believe its because a 3rd party app was over writing the steps when they sync.

My idea is to have to option to choose which device/app is the master data source for steps etc. For instance fitbit as the master source of data for steps/heart rate etc. 3rd party apps shouldn't have the ability to overwrite fitbit original data unless you choose. 

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@Imtnol26 This doesn't sound right, Fitbit should be the master source. What 3rd party app is overriding your data? 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Support seemed to think it was myfitnesspal or something like that even though I didn't have it activated during my run. 

Its happening more and more now, the past two runs I've done when I've finished I'm just shy of 10k, 25 mins later I'm back down to 9300 getting more than frustrated with it now. 

I have a Garmin Fenix 5 that I'm using to GPS my run at the same time, steps are higher than fitbit, so it's not the garmin connect that is over writing, anyway there is no 3rd party app sync for Garmin.

Got a feeling I was fobbed off by Support, will have to contact them again. I don't want to have to disconnect all 3rd party apps, what's to point of integration if you are getting asked to remove or if the data overwrites. 

Best Answer