Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAI

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use a Fitbit Luxe with the Fitbit and PAI apps. PAI Health was bought by Zepp which makes Amazfit devices. Zepp is removing the PAI app and it will only support other devices. PAI is based on an algorithm that differentiates activity by beats per minute and awards more PAI points towards maintaining a minimum weekly PAI of 100 for time working out at higher heart rate zones. These zones are personalized based on age, resting heart rate and other factors. PAI provides a simplified metric to maintain cardiovascular health at any age and is based on research. Does a Fitbit have a way to track PAI now that PAI Health app support for non-Amazfit devices has been removed?

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

That similar approach was built into the Active Zone Minutes based on recommendations from CDC and American Heart Association (I think), giving double minutes for higher heart rates.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @PAIappuser and welcome to the Community.  Fitbit doesn't track PAI, but almost every heart rate enabled Fitbit can be used to track PAI in its app.  You can see the list here: Which devices are supported?   Tap on your PAI Health app avatar > Devices > then follow the steps to link your Fitbit. If you switch from one Fitbit to another, the change is seamless on the PAI app.  I've switched among the Versa 3, Charge 5, and Luxe and my PAI app just kept on tracking.

Fitbit and PAI take different approaches to tracking activity.  Fitbit follows the CDC recommendations for moderate and vigorous physical activity.  PAI awards points for lower intensity activity not counted by Fitbit.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your feedback. I will explore the Fitbit app to try to replicate the PAI fitness objective. I don’t see trailing one week statistics such as zone minutes that would be helpful. PAI also computed a fitness age and projected it out 3 months which was a great incentive. For what it was worth, I am 62 years old but had a fitness age of 28. As far as the PAI app supporting most Fitbit heartbeat tracking devices, please see the notification I received from PAI Health a month ago that motivated my note to the community:

Important Update: End of Service Notification

To our PAI newsletter subscribers,

We regret to inform you that as of July 31, 2022, the PAI Health app will no longer be available.

In the near future, we hope to bring to market a new version of the PAI app, but in the meantime we will unfortunately no longer be able to support the current PAI app which will be coming to an end of service.

We sincerely thank you for all of your support over the years. It means a lot to us that PAI has positively impacted the lives of many, providing guidance and motivation on meaningful lifestyle changes that have led to better health and well-being.

If you would still like to use PAI, you may do so through Amazfit smartwatch devices and with the Zepp app.

Please note the following:
On July 26, 2022, the PAI Health app will be removed from the App store/Google Play store.
On August 1, 2022, the PAI app will no longer be operational. As such, we recommend deleting the app from your phone.

If you are interested in being the first to know about any new PAI app services when available in the future, please sign up through the link below:

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience and disruption this may cause. We hope to be in touch in the future when we are able to offer a new set of PAI Health services.

Our best wishes on your health and wellness journey. We are honoured to have been part of your story.

Sincerely,
PAI Health team

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@PAIappuser   I never got that email.  Interesting.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I did get that email a while ago.  I still had the app, though I had stopped using it a while ago.  I had been a big fan of the approach when I first read of it years ago, and research that supposedly backed up their claim of heart health benefits, and the tracker that first used it (can't remember the brand name).  Then the tracker went out of business, but continued as a stand-alone app.  Unfortunately, it all relied on getting accurate heart rate readings, which was not always possible.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I appreciate your feedback. I agree the accuracy of the readings is key, so the tracking device used matters.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I used PAI on a Mi Band- I can say that it was an excellent addition to motivate you to increase your heartrate and keep your fitness levels high.  The current fitbit "zone minutes" is not even close to the value of PAI index for me.  Unfortunately, in Australia there is not Fitbit interface with the PAI app which has been removed from the market.  I would be very interested if the FItbit developers would investigate this metric - it is really, really helpful, motivating and has good evidence in mortality benefit

https://www.ntnu.edu/cerg/personal-activity-intelligence

It can be accessed via the Memento U app in USA and Norway only.  I am still hoping that we will get a release as it was really fun to use.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been using the Memento app to track my weekly PAI for the last 7 months with my Fitbit Luxe. I agree that it is a great motivator. I hope Memento is made available in Australia or you find an alternate solution soon!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer