Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing Fitbit watches to Supernatural fitness application on Quest VR

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently purchased a Quest VR headset, and found a cool exercise application (Supernatural). The application wants to pair with a heart rate monitor device, cool! Howevet, fitbit doesn't pair with the application yet. I reached out to Supernatural support team, and this is what was sent back. 

Hi there Robert,

Thanks for reaching out! Please see the below recent comment from our CEO Chris Milk on the Fitbit integration:

"We would need Fitbit to allow some things on their end in order to get live HR data feeding into SN like other HR sensors currently do. We've now spoken to some very nice folks at Fitbit to explain what we’d need. We've even sent them Quests to try Supernatural out for themselves. We're hopeful they will come through for our shared members as Fitbit makes great products and we’d love to have them as a partner. Please do feel free to reach out to their customer service and let them know you’d love to be able to use their products in the brave new future of VR fitness. A future where you can no longer just look down at your physical wrist to check your HR."

Thanks again for your patience and we hope to have that functionality for you in the near future.

I wonder if we can get this going somehow? 

Redge72

Moderator Edit: Labels

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

Yes @Redge72 currently fitbit does not allow third parties to have a direct connection or direct access to the fitbit data. 

All access is done through a fitbit API. 

You may want to add your vote to this suggestion since it is asking for third parties to have direct access to the tracker. 

Best Answer

Are there any plans to allow the VR Fitness app, Supernatural to connect to Fitbit? They claim the balls in Fitbit's court for about a yr now. It's a pretty big community and growing daily.

Best Answer

Yes this NEEDS to be changed or I am going with an iWatch!!

Best Answer

I just reached out to Supernatural about this very issue, and they said they sent headsets to FitBit and are hoping that FitBit will partner with them.  It seems like a no-brainer! A lot of us are working out in VR now and being able to track out workouts in both places would be a big help!  Please make this happen!!

Best Answer

Was just looking up how to make the connection and found this.  What?!?  Why the heck hasn’t Fitbit rushed to make this obvious connection.   Please fix soon.  I like fitbits.  This is my 4th.  Don’t want to have to move to something else.

Best Answer

Hey everyone and welcome to the Community!

The Fitbit app is open for integrations from other apps, but this needs to be done from the other app's side. If Supernatural is working to integrate with Fitbit, I recommend you to contact them to have updates and encourage them to develop the connection between both apps.

Thanks for stopping by, see you around.

If my post was helpful, you can vote for it. You can also mark it as Best Answer if it was what you were looking for!
Best Answer

I *did* inquire with Supernatural and they say they have done all that on their side, and that they’ve sent headsets to FitBit, and that they’re waiting for FitBit to work with them.  Here is their letter to me:

Hi Leah,

Thanks for reaching out to us! Please see the below recent comment from our CEO Chris Milk on the Fitbit integration:

"We would need Fitbit to allow some things on their end in order to get live HR data feeding into SN like other HR sensors currently do. We've now spoken to some very nice folks at Fitbit to explain what we’d need. We've even sent them Quests to try Supernatural out for themselves. We're hopeful they will come through for our shared members as Fitbit makes great products and we’d love to have them as a partner. Please do feel free to reach out to their customer service and let them know you’d love to be able to use their products in the brave new future of VR fitness. A future where you can no longer just look down at your physical wrist to check your HR."

Thanks again for your patience and we hope to have that functionality for our members in the near future!

Best regards,

Michael D.
Team Supernatural

Best Answer

Come on Fitbit.  Let's get this done.  At least contact them directly and sort this out.  Ps.  I'm on my third Charge and don't want to switch if I don't have to.

Best Answer

I've been using FitBit for nearly a decade and I'm hugely disappointed this hasn't already happened. I've stayed with you this long because you are more fitness oriented than general smart watches (pairing with my smart scale for example). Less with fancy displays and more with fitness function, please FitBit. So many people have joined the Occulus community since covid lockdown shut down our gyms. We need this connectivity. 

Best Answer

Now that Google owns Fitbit, are there any plans to integrate Fitbit with the Wear OS? Would doing so then allow integration with apps like Supernatural?

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

Pleeeaaasssseeeee! would like my fitbit integrated with Supernatural, or I will have to get another watch.

Best Answer

Same here, I'm looking already, probably gonna have to return this xmas present to do so. Very disappointing.

Best Answer

Hi there,

please enable Fitbit Oculus syncing! It’s a great way to get exercise! Esp the supernatural ‘game’

Best Answer

Please Fitbit, make this happen!

Best Answer

Same here! I just tried to connect mine but the app couldn’t find my versa 2.. that’s so disappointing as supernatural is an amazing workout experience! Would be great if they could be paired. 

Best Answer

Hello everybody.

Thank you for your request.

Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly. 

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

I don’t think the is accurate, and it seems like this is a canned response that Fitbit moderators keep saying.  Fitbit does not have an API for real-time heart rate output.  Bowflex Max Trainer and Supernatural require this real-time heart rate data that Fitbit does not make accessible.  I’ve been extremely disappointed with how “closed” the Fitbit integrations are.  These responses are actually misleading customers and placing blame on other companies, who cannot possibly integrate with a real-time heart rate API that does not exist.  Considering returning my Fitbit at this point.

Best Answer

@EdsonFitbit that is not what is being asked for. Users want this third party app to have live direct access to the heart rate monitor in the tracker. The API only gives access after the fact, not live. 

Best Answer