Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing Fitbit watches to Supernatural fitness application on Quest VR

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently purchased a Quest VR headset, and found a cool exercise application (Supernatural). The application wants to pair with a heart rate monitor device, cool! Howevet, fitbit doesn't pair with the application yet. I reached out to Supernatural support team, and this is what was sent back. 

Hi there Robert,

Thanks for reaching out! Please see the below recent comment from our CEO Chris Milk on the Fitbit integration:

"We would need Fitbit to allow some things on their end in order to get live HR data feeding into SN like other HR sensors currently do. We've now spoken to some very nice folks at Fitbit to explain what we’d need. We've even sent them Quests to try Supernatural out for themselves. We're hopeful they will come through for our shared members as Fitbit makes great products and we’d love to have them as a partner. Please do feel free to reach out to their customer service and let them know you’d love to be able to use their products in the brave new future of VR fitness. A future where you can no longer just look down at your physical wrist to check your HR."

Thanks again for your patience and we hope to have that functionality for you in the near future.

I wonder if we can get this going somehow? 

Redge72

Moderator Edit: Labels

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

This is not what we need and Fitbit is aware of the need given that supernatural has already reached out to the company and sent them a quest so they could experience it for themselves.  Please stop giving the same response and actually listen to your consumers and the request from the product.  I've been a long time and loyal fitbit user, upgrading my devices over the years but this may make me and many others leave fitbit which is not what we want.

Best Answer

Currently fitbit does not allow a 3rd party hardware to connect to one of throne teachers.? His would require a change in the firmware of every model that has heart rate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This would be nice. 

Best Answer

If that's the case then why are they saying they sent your company the VR so you can see what it does and are asking you to open it up so we the consumers who are asking for this can use it? If you are so invested in our health as opposed to your bottom line you would work this out with them and make this happen, not try to load the buck back to them. Very disappointed in you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems like a simple solution.  What health tracking watches do work with Supernatural? I was looking to upgrade my Fitbit to the Sense but I could easily move over to a device that does work with Supernatural. I really enjoy the workouts and starting to see results in my first week. I would love a device that would help me track my results. 

Best Answer

Really, the best place to find what works with Supernatural is from Supernatural

@Cecarpluk777 I'm not sure who the "you" is, your on a community board for the community of fitbit users. 

Currently fitbit devices are unable to accept a connection to any 3 party device. 

They can send all the BEthany they want, but until.Fitbit allows third party devices access, this will not happen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Noticing that this exchange occurred last year, here is an updated response from Supernatural:

"We would need Fitbit to allow some things on their end in order to get live HR data feeding into SN like other HR sensors currently do. We've now spoken to some very nice folks at Fitbit to explain what we’d need. We've even sent them Quests to try Supernatural out for themselves. We're hopeful they will come through for our shared members as Fitbit makes great products and we’d love to have them as a partner. Please do feel free to reach out to their customer service and let them know you’d love to be able to use their products in the brave new future of VR fitness. A future where you can no longer just look down at your physical wrist to check your HR."

Sounds like both companies are playing a game of "he said - he said". So which of the two will step up to support their customer base and take steps to make this happen?

Best Answer

This will likely never happen as Fitbit's app itself isn't even any good and they never seem to fix anything so might as well switch to another brand

Best Answer

I’ve had many Fitbit models over many years. Because Fitbit does not work with Supernatural I am now looking to leave Fitbit. Any updates on if Fitbit will address this or should I continue down the path of buying another brand and dropping Fitbit? No reason to have two different trackers. 

Thank you for the update. Please reach out to Supernatural and work this out between them and Fitbit. We as the customers have asked both of you to work it out. Not a problem for us to solve. This is a problem for SN and FB to solve. Please reach out to them. 

Me as well!!!

Agreed! Please make this work. 

Fitbit please read these comments and questions, hear your customers and help us. We want the direct integration. It is up to Fitbit to help us. 

Same here. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a community forum setup for fitbit users to help each other out. 

While third parties have access to fitbit's API they do not have direct access to the encrypted stream of data from the tracker, which is what you are asking for. 

Any suggestions for fitbit develooers should be taken to the Feature Request Board

Moderators only have power to moderate, ant not make decisions on what features are added. 

Best Answer

Ditto!!!

Best Answer

Has there been any updates or progress?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DawsonLI see my post above! Found on the 29th

Best Answer

Thank you I just posted to the feature request board. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where do we can add our support to it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where so we can add our support to your request?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

It should be on the feature request board, it said when I posted that it would be reviewed. I don’t know if there is a delay in posting until it is reviewed???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good luck

Best Answer

I really wanted a FitBit.  My Apple Watch is first gen and won't connect to Supernatural so I need a replacement.  But if FitBit won't connect to Supernatural, I'll need another solution.  :(. 

Best Answer