Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peloton - Do I need to categorize exercise?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have connected my Fitbit with my Peloton bike and the data syncs over after I've completed a ride. However, should I still select "categorize exercise" in the app for the particular ride session I've done or does Fitbit already know this since its all cycling?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @mmelamed, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! Categorizing your exercise is entirely up to you, as this is just for organization and personal use purposes. In some exercises, depending of the categorization the type of stats on display may change but still will contain all your information for you to keep log of what exercise you are doing. The categorization won't affect the actual numbers that has been already registered in your Fitbit account.

Unless you are using the SmartTrack feature available in our newest tracker models, your Fitbit or your Dashboard would not recognized which type of exercise is, the data will be based in the information received from your Peloton metrics like workout length, distance traveled and calories burned right in your Fitbit dashboard.

Hope this information helps. See you later!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @mmelamed, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! Categorizing your exercise is entirely up to you, as this is just for organization and personal use purposes. In some exercises, depending of the categorization the type of stats on display may change but still will contain all your information for you to keep log of what exercise you are doing. The categorization won't affect the actual numbers that has been already registered in your Fitbit account.

Unless you are using the SmartTrack feature available in our newest tracker models, your Fitbit or your Dashboard would not recognized which type of exercise is, the data will be based in the information received from your Peloton metrics like workout length, distance traveled and calories burned right in your Fitbit dashboard.

Hope this information helps. See you later!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes