Pokemon Go and Fitbit Integration

With Pokémon Go's release, it would be great to see that Fitbit, the authority in wearable fitness trackers and the app Pokémon Go which encourages its players to walk around and discover the world using their feet, join forces for a better you. Hitting your goals and catching your beloved Pokémon, is there anything else better than that? Whenever you reach your Fitbit goal, you'll get a little in-game item for Pokémon go. Pokémon related badges will also add spice to your collection of badges. You can brag it off to your friends as a sort of badge that you and Pokémon accomplished.

I think this would be a very good move for Fitbit since they have been the forerunner in the wearable fitness trackers industry and with the popularity of Pokémon Go, what better way than 2 giants in the industry joining together. Makes sense right?

Thanks for reading.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

278 Comments
ignis
Jogger

since codejunkies have made a completely unoficial copy of the pokemon go plus, i think you guys should be able to make something work?

all codejunkies uses is: bluetoothconection (wich each fitbit wareble has) a touchscreen used for display and settings (but since we change fitbitsettings in the fitbitapp i guess thats doable too)   

PikaKnight
Runner

It's not a matter of Fitbit "making" it work but probably Niantic allowing it.  Just because they could make it work, doesn't mean it won't get flagged by Niantic since they aren't working with 3rd party apps.  

Fluxonary
First Steps

Really hope they do it!!😄

Spirandi
First Steps

Any chance fitbit will be joining up with pokemon go in this way ?

monkey1500
First Steps

This would be great!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thank you for your suggestions. We are always looking for ways you can use your data to support your health and fitness goals. Since we created our first Fitbit device 10 years ago, we’ve empowered and motivated millions of people to be healthier. From trying to catch a Squirtle to running a marathon, we support all efforts to get people moving and are excited to see how Pokémon Go is helping users tackle their step goals. We know firsthand that gamification works, we’ve seen that Fitbit Challenges are a powerful tool for motivating people to pursue a more active lifestyle.

The launch of Fitbit Ionic has given us the opportunity to allow third party developers to develop apps for the Fitbit App Gallery through our SDK, providing opportunities to offer even more features and apps to our global Fitbit community from our developer community. With regards to your proposed integrations, we continue to evaluate new partners and will update you if we have news to share. Fitbit has a history of working with the community to bring potential features to reality, and we thank you for taking the time to share your ideas and suggestions.

Vixenj
First Steps

Please team up with pokemongo app. This way the game will be able to track my steps via my fitbit when I am away from my phone or can not access the game. Maybe give the player a pokemon badge or game related incentive  for hitting their step goal:) thanks!

Chiu0nthls
First Steps

So the last topic on Pokemon Go was closed since it was last year's post.  Since then, Fitbit came out with the amazing Ionic.  Will the Ionic support Niantic's Pokemon Go?  It would be great to be able to walk eggs while you get your steps in.  I for one have lost a lot of weight due to the game, and with the integration of the watch and game, many of us would be more motivated to be even healthier.  

Are there any plans or discussions on Pokemon Go and Fitbit joining forces?

WendyB
Community Legend

You can vote for it here. But it says its not planned

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Pokemon-Go-and-Fitbit-Integration/idi-p/1454441

I myself would not want it on the device it self. I play it but it drains my phone as it is. I think it would drain the device faster.

Avardenth
Jogger

I wish they would make a Pokemon Go plus for fit bit like they did for Apple watch. Is this at all possible?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

RobertoME
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello there @Avardenth, nice to have you here as a new member of the Fitbit Community! Thank you for bring your suggestions to my attention. At this moment I do not have details of a possible integration with Pokemon Go Plus.

You can visit our last update for more details in the following feature suggestion regarding Pokemon Go and Fitbit Integration.

If more information becomes available, I will let you know. See you around!

SeleneD
Tempo Runner

Is there a way where my FitBit Versa could track my steps for Pokemon Go.  It seems to work with an iPad, but not on my Android phone. 

RobertoME
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi there @SeleneD, good to see you around and thank you for your question. My apologies for the late response.

I'm not sure how this was possible with an iPad however, this is not a compatible integration. We are always looking for ways you can use your data to support your health and fitness goals. Since we created our first Fitbit device 10 years ago, we’ve empowered and motivated millions of people to be healthier.

From trying to catch a Squirtle to running a marathon, we support all efforts to get people moving and are excited to see how Pokémon Go is helping users tackle their step goals. We know firsthand that gamification works, we’ve seen that Fitbit Challenges are a powerful tool for motivating people to pursue a more active lifestyle.

Now with the launch of our Fitbit Smart Watches, we have given the opportunity to allow third party developers or indie developers to create apps for the Fitbit App Gallery through our SDK, providing opportunities to offer even more features and apps to our global Fitbit community from our developer community. 

Nonetheless, we continue to evaluate new partners and will update you if we have news to share

See you around and I appreciate your participation in the Fitbit Community.

RhiMarieG
First Steps

I think the ability to synch a Fitbit with PokémonGO would be awesome; earn more candies in game and make it more fun to work out and get step goals!

Keiphyn
First Steps

I've been looking through the Niantic site and found that they have integration with the Apple Watch. My last Fitbit broke. Before I buy a new one, I'm wondering why this isn't on the road map?

From a business perspective, it is a) something many Fitbit customers have asked for, b) something Niantic has already implemented for Apple, and c) would give Niantic another supported option to discourage third party "Go-tcha" users.

It seems like a no-brainer for Fitbit, especially if Pokémon players don't have to consider Fitbit vs Apple Watch for their fitness gamefication. 

Pantsdancelol
Recovery Runner

I know that this topic has been talked about before, but it's been a while since I've seen anything about it. 

I'm not sure why this isn't already a thing, it makes a lot of logical sense. If Pokemon Go can sync with Google Fit or Apple Health already I assume it wouldn't take a ton of extra programming to make it work. Furthermore, I can sync my Fitbit data with a multitude of other apps so it's not out of the realm of reason. I love my Fitbit and was considering getting a newer model but if Fitbit isn't ever going to make this a thing I might look elsewhere for a tracker that does sync with Pokemon Go.  

I know for a fact that I'm not the only one who would like this addition. 

Pantsdancelol
Recovery Runner

I know this has been brought up before, but it's been quite a while. There NEEDS to be support for Adventure Sync in Pokemon Go. The Apple Watch can do it, so why on earth can't Fitbit? All Adventure Sync needs is the amount of distance we have walked and/ or the number of steps we've walked. Tons of us have been asking for this and it's getting ridiculous that nothing is being done about it. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Pantsdancelol, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on your Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

Amcarpe86
First Steps
I suggest the ability to sync my fitbit with pokemon go.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Amcarpe86, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to sync with Pokemon Go. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

David851
First Steps
the Pokémon go app and several other big gaming apps have started adding a walking feature, as you know Pokémon go is based around walking. I suggest that you try to team up with them to make the watch be able sync with the game so that in game we can get a reword for walking what we are walking already
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @David851, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see sync with Pokemon Go. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

PatrickN91
First Steps
develope step sync for the pokemon go app so that when we log steps through fitbit we can get credit for steps on our pokemon go adventures. extra incentives to log steps!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @PatrickN91. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to sync your Fitbit steps with Pokemon Go with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Lorihs
Jogger
You are missing out on a big group of people. We are buying other devices that also catches pokemon and spins stops
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.