Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 12/19/17: MyFitnessPal/Fitbit syncing issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 12/19/2017: This issue is now resolved and you should be able to successfully sync your Fitbit/MFP accounts once again.

I am closing this thread but if the issue pops back up, I ask that you please create a new thread and reference this for a description of the issue. Thank you for your reports and continued patience.

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 9.14.12 AM.png

Fitbit Update 12/18/2017: Some MyFitnessPal users have reported that they're experiencing issues with syncing their Fitbit information over to MFP.

MyFitnessPal is aware of this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Please follow their article for updates here. I will also make sure to keep this thread updated with any new information.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
216 REPLIES 216

I am also having the same issue today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's happening to all Fitbit devices from what I gather. I have been trying all day to sync my steps to MFP and no go. I also us a garmin. I usually have noooo problems. Fitbit steps sync to MFP, Garmin workout syncs to MFP, which inputs start and stop time of the activity. Bingo everything works! Not today. MFP thought I only burned 18 calories according to fitbit, after I ran for 65 minutes. Fitbit only synced over 59 steps! So I had to delete fitbit as the step source and now the calories from my activity are where they should be! So FRUSTRATING! Also no food data from MFP syncing over to fitbit.

@AceMcGee wrote:

I am also having the same issue today.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this issue and have also tried all of that with no luck. Perhaps it’s a widespread issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also having the same issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem. Ever since this week’s update no data is passing to Fitness Pal. I’ve tried everything. Why couldn’t they leave it alone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issues. Ive done everything possibly imaginable and nothing works. Very frustrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 2 is not syncing activity to MyFitnessPal after IOS update today

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all

Today my fitbit has stopped syncing with my fitness pal.

It usually adds the steps and takes the calorie info, but today nothing. I've uninstalled and disconnected the apps using a laptop and reinstalled and reconnect but still not working. 

Can anyone offer a solution or advice please.

Best Answer

@kenlieberman it is not Fitbit. See the solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same thing with me. 😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

My blaze quite syncing with MyFitnessPal today too.  Anyone have any fixes?

Best Answer
0 Votes

See the solution to the thread, in short you need to wait for MFP to fix it. 

Best Answer

MyFitnessPal had a meltdown over night. They are back online but the link to Fitbit hasnt been fixed yet. So wait a while and if it doesn't come back contact MFP.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing and I’ve been obsessing about it. I’m glad to know it’s not just mine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As of two days ago my Fitbit app is not showing my calories logged on MyFitnessPal. It says it is connected on MyFitnessPal and neither apps are requiring updates. Phone and apps has been restarted but no change. Advice? Thanks 

Best Answer

I’ve experienced your exact problem. I have had no problems syncing with my phone, a phone that isn’t listed as compatible, for a year...then suddenly it won’t sync. Customer service wasn’t much help, because they simply blamed it on my phone not being compatible, and couldn’t explain to me why it suddenly, after many months, no longer syncs....I’m a longtime Fitbit user, and I’m super bummed at this point. It does sync with my iPad, but I don’t like the inconvenience of running to my iPad when it should simply work from my phone 😕

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem as of today 

Best Answer

Ditto - hopefully fixed by tomorrow :S

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine is doing the same thing, ive been trying to fix it thats why i came here. must be some kind of bug

Best Answer
0 Votes