Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 12/19/17: MyFitnessPal/Fitbit syncing issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 12/19/2017: This issue is now resolved and you should be able to successfully sync your Fitbit/MFP accounts once again.

I am closing this thread but if the issue pops back up, I ask that you please create a new thread and reference this for a description of the issue. Thank you for your reports and continued patience.

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 9.14.12 AM.png

Fitbit Update 12/18/2017: Some MyFitnessPal users have reported that they're experiencing issues with syncing their Fitbit information over to MFP.

MyFitnessPal is aware of this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Please follow their article for updates here. I will also make sure to keep this thread updated with any new information.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
216 REPLIES 216

Ditto. I installed a Fitbit update on my phone a couple days ago and it stopped syncing yesterday morning. I have deleted both apps and reinstalled and also tried linking on the websites and no luck. Very frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know that some people have already made a topic about this but I have read through them and the suggestions to fix it have not worked for me. I have disconnected the account from both platforms and reconnected, logged out and back tried, tried different devices, tried just from the websites, restarted my devices and nothing has worked to get them to sync, not sure what to do fro here.

Best Answer

Same issue here. So frustrating. I even deleted both apps off my iphone and now myfitnesspal is not letting me log back in - something to do with the server not being available. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

just found this on MFP (posted today):

Hello,

Sorry for the recent issue with syncing between
MyFitnessPal and Fitbit. Our engineers are looking into it and we will do what we can to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

We will continue to update this article as more information becomes available.  Please check back for further updates.

Best,
Logan
MyFitnessPal Staff

Best Answer
0 Votes

My steps count from my Fitbit hasn’t synced with IPhone 7 now for 2-3 days. Uninstalled App and reinstalled to no avail. Disconnected and reconnected to no avail 

Any ideas??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to my wife and I yesterday too. We just upgraded to IOS11 so maybe that’s the problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thx for the update, figured it was backend since both mine and my spouses accounts stopped syncing Sunday

Best Answer

Fitbit Update 12/18/2017: Some MyFitnessPal users have reported that they're experiencing issues with syncing their Fitbit information over to MFP.

MyFitnessPal is aware of this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Please follow their article for updates here. I will also make sure to keep this thread updated with any new information.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

MyFitnessPal isn't being updated by Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ahb4 wrote:

MyFitnessPal isn't being updated by Fitbit

I’d check the Application Settings within the Fitbit dashboard and also MyFitnessPal, to make sure the appropriate access has been granted (and are still allowed).

Best Answer
0 Votes

They all appear to be fine.  I have an option to revoke access.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ahb4 wrote:

They all appear to be fine.  I have an option to revoke access.

Well I wouldn’t do that, or they definitely won’t work 🙂 I think there may be a delay in syncing between the two as I too have just looked and noticed them not updating as swiftly as usual.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit is not recording my MyFitnessPal data anymore, it stoped without me changing any settings. how can I reconnect?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000246 EndHTML:000022214 StartFragment:000021157 EndFragment:000022128 StartSelection:000021157 EndSelection:000022128 SourceURL:https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2909540-fitbit-sync-issue MyFitnessPal | Fitbit Sync Issue

Monday, 12/18/2017, 12:17 PM PST

Hello,

Our genuine apologies for the current issue with data not syncing between MyFitnessPal and Fitbit.  
Our engineers are looking into it and we will do what we can to resolve the issue as soon as possible.  

Right now no data will be syncing between Fitbit and MyFitnessPal, and relinking the two programs will not resolve this issue.  At this time, we recommend not relinking the two, as when the integration is functioning again, this will increase the workload on the servers, and will lengthen the amount of time it will take to work through the backlog of sync requests.  

We will continue to update this article as more information becomes available.  Please check back for further updates.

Best,

MyFitnessPal Staff
Best Answer

Within the last two days, my Charge 2 stopped syncing with MyFitnessPal. First, I attempted to restart my FitBit by plugging it into my charging port, and holding down the side button. That did not work. This afternoon, I disconnected both apps from each other, waited around thirty minutes, and re-connected the apps. Again, that did not work.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, could you share any insight, please?

Best Answer
Hope they fix it soon . 😬

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same , since the update . Glad to know it’s happening to everyone else too , so it’s not just mine .

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ha ha , hopefully soon .

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since yesterday morning my fitness pal and my fit bit app have not been syncing.  I have already tried logging out of both,  deinstalling and reinstalling both,  logging on to both websites,  reconnecting via app and reconnecting via website.   No use.  No settings had been changed on apps or phone when problem began.  What's the issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic isn’t syncing with MFP. I have tried a couple of things but nothing seems to work. Need some help 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes