Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED 12/19/17: MyFitnessPal/Fitbit syncing issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 12/19/2017: This issue is now resolved and you should be able to successfully sync your Fitbit/MFP accounts once again.

I am closing this thread but if the issue pops back up, I ask that you please create a new thread and reference this for a description of the issue. Thank you for your reports and continued patience.

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 9.14.12 AM.png

Fitbit Update 12/18/2017: Some MyFitnessPal users have reported that they're experiencing issues with syncing their Fitbit information over to MFP.

MyFitnessPal is aware of this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Please follow their article for updates here. I will also make sure to keep this thread updated with any new information.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update 12/18/2017: Some MyFitnessPal users have reported that they're experiencing issues with syncing their Fitbit information over to MFP.

MyFitnessPal is aware of this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Please follow their article for updates here. I will also make sure to keep this thread updated with any new information.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
216 REPLIES 216

For some reason the previous thread appears to be solved. My case, however is still unsolved. I have done all of the preliminary go-to steps, only to have utter disappointment everytime I swipe down. 

I was told it is due to my phone, because it is not listed in acceptable phones. Understandable if before the latest Firmware update I had ABSOLUTELY no issues syncing my tracker. So please enlighten me on how my (takes my hands and winks two fingers on each)  "PHONE" is the issue?!?!? 

All, I repeat, "ALL" of my syncing issues started the DAY my trackers FIRMWARE, I repeat, "FIRMWARE" updated....

Best Answer

Hi? Why charge 2 stopped sync with Myfitnesspal app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Which phone model do you have?

If not already done, Feel free restarting the tracker & the phone

Feel free to check out the Fitbit Article:

Hope it helps
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky PRO. The phone is NOT the issue. The issue is the Firmware on my end has altered being able to sync my tracker. First paragraph stated I have tried ALL PRELIMINARY go-to fixes. That includes the go to fixes you replied with. 

Best Answer

Hi I’m having the same problem tried disconnecting and reconnecting them and that didn’t work...hope someone has an answer?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not getting data syncing either way between MyFitnessPal and Fitbit. I've tried revoking access and relinking accounts but it made no difference. 

Best Answer

Have you contacted the fitbit support team from the official contact page?

If you contacted them before, best to contact them once more as being out the hands of the most awesome community. 

Mention what you've already tried to speed things up.

co725292

Best Answer

Thanks last time I did they said it was my phone and changed it to solved. I will try again thank for the help. 

Best Answer

Its started today. I have charge 2 a few weeks. Everything was ok with sync with myfitnesspal app. I try disconnect too 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I use MapMyRun/MapMyWalk/MyFitnessPal, those are all through Under Armour. Usually what I will do is bring up the activity through the Fitbit dashboard, and in the top right it show the button with the three dots. i click on that and it gives a drop down menu. I will then export the file as a TCX file, (I don't need a reader for the file, it's just a file type). Next I go to MapMyWalk/MapMyRun and Upload Activity, choose upload file, and you can plug-in the TCX file you just downloaded and it adds to the Under Armour apps. The last part for me is to go back to Fitbit Dashboard because sometimes it will double the activity.

I hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you guys looked at the main info post on this subject? 

Best Answer

At Midnight last night the communication stopped between these two apps.  I have disconnected each on your website and theirs, waited 15 minutes, reconnected and still no information is exchanging.  I also have other apps that connect to My Fitness Pal, and they are all working, so it leads me to believe that Fitbit is the problem.  I also checked to make sure that the time zones were the same and my profile. 

Best Answer

Exact same problem here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,  My food log from MFP is not syncing with my fitbit. i've revoked the access as instructed. I have logged out of both accounts and logged back in. Starting to think the fault is with my fitness pal and wondered if anyone else has had this problem today.

Best Answer

I have exactly the same problem, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I also think the problem is on MFP side, it's usually that way. 

Best Answer

Thank you 🙂 glad its not just me! 

Ive just found an update on mfp and it does look as if there is a problem with the mfp app today.

x

Best Answer

I discnnected both apps from each other via the website, logged out of both websites, logged out of both apps, uninstalled both apps, turned off my phone, took a deep breath, reinstalled both apps, logged into both websites, reconnected both websites, logged into both apps. Still doesn't work.

Can I please just have my steps?

Best Answer

same here.....very frustrating

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today my entries My fitmess pal not snycing on fitbit and showing calories burnt on exercise and the amout calories I have let to use - any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes